Linked Folders?

Hammerhead

Hammerhead

I'm not sure how this happened, but it seems that Emby has 'latched' onto a backup folder where I keep my FLAC files so when I recently added a new album to the backup folder, it also appears in Emby.  Then, when I deleted the Emby (multimedia/music) folder, the backup directory also was deleted.

I wanted to keep both folders separate.  So I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
Hammerhead

Luke, sorry for taking so long to reply.

Not sure what you mean by 'check the library settings'.  What should I be looking for?  Is this a case where if I add a library to Emby that resides elsewhere on the drive, that actions performed within Emby will be imposed on that folder?  IOW, is it a 'symlink' of some sort?

I did remove the 'music' library from Emby, but I still have an entry in 'path substitution'.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, in other words, go through each library in library setup and review the paths and make sure this particular path does not appear anywhere. If it does, remove it. If the issue persists, then please provide more detail about where you are seeing it still in Emby. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
Hammerhead

Luke, I just double-checked, and I have only 3 libraries in Emby: Movies, TV Episodes, Videos.  I did at one time have a Music library and linked that path to a shared folder on my NAS, but that has been removed in Emby so it no longer exists.

On the NAS side of things, I see that the path for the 'Music' folder has a path that points to the Multimedia folder, and I'm not sure if I did that, or if it was done automatically when I set it up and just don't remember doing so.  Would it make sense to delete the folder and recreate it?  Or should I just change the path to leave it as its own 'parent' folder... IOW, instead of '/Multimedia/Music', I would change it to /Music?

post-95539-0-31279800-1484055193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hammerhead

Hammerhead

My NAS.  In the back, you can see the file manager where the folder 'Music' appears both at the root of the system, but also as a subfolder in the /Multimedia folder.  The properties dialog at the right is showing how the path points to /Multimedia/Music, but the folder is actually sits at the root of the volume.

I'm not sure if this is some sort of setting that Emby applied, if the NAS did it on its own, or if I managed to somehow link the two together.  Perhaps this is just a matter of my OCD, but what I'm after is to have my music folder as a standalone public share, instead of lumping it with my other entertainment to prevent changes to tags and art, and to make backups easier to Crashplan.  Or, am I over-thinking this, and there's no real reason to have it separate?

In either case, the dual folders is freaking me right the hell out.

Edited by Hammerhead

Yes. What is the full path that you used for each of the three libraries?

And what is the exact problem you are seeing in Emby? I know you described it earlier but it's much easier if I can visualize it. Thanks !