Server - generate events for boxsets

horstepipe

horstepipe

hello

please let the server generate events for boxsets so the fast startup sync plugin for Kodi can update them without a manual sync.

• Like 7

Angelblue05

Thanks for doing a FR @@horstepipe hopefully we can get this accomplished! I too would love to see boxsets event generated for the websocket so they can be updated on the fly, like the rest of the content.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
horstepipe

Thank you for your patience.

Ok I'll be patient.

But would be really helpful for patience if you could tell in one or two sentences why this needs so long to be implemented.

Because for the user this doesn't appear like a big thing.

On the other side it feels like a big limitation for Kodi users not having sets being updated automatically.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
horstepipe

Hey @@Luke

I really love your product and completely understand that you have an endless to-do list so you have to priotize.

I also understand that it would be even more time consuming if you work the reasons out why this needs more time or what the current status of every user request is instead of copy/paste sentences like "we will look into this for a future release".

But I try to appeal to you once more here:

Please take the time to write 1-2 more sentences about

- when you think you will have the time to do this

- if the request needs more work than the user assumes (like in this request), tell us why (even if not every user understands it)

- the overall priority of the request

I'm sure that doing this would also be worthwhile for you, because satisfied customers are paying customers.

I'm convinced that I speak for almost the whole userbase.

So please think about it.

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Great news, collection events seems to be added with the latest beta server version: 3.1.257.0 beta

This means, with this server version installed, the add-on (and the fast sync plugin) will automatically pick up on boxsets modifications.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

horstepipe

Great news, collection events seems to be added with the latest beta server version: 3.1.257.0 beta

This means, with this server version installed, the add-on (and the fast sync plugin) will automatically pick up on boxsets modifications.

Yippie
  • Like 1