How to play 3d movies in Emby?

mranim8or

mranim8or

I have been using Emby for awhile now, but the one thing I've been unable to do is watch ripped 3D Blu Rays on my HTPC.  I was wondering what solutions people have come up with for this problem? So far the only success I have had (other than putting in the disc and playing it with PowerDVD 15) is to rip it with MakeMKV as an mvc file, and use Stereoscopic Player.  The trouble is, I only have the demo of Stereoscopic Player since its not a free application and I'm, um, on a budget.  Is there any free software that can be used to play 3D Blu Rays? If not, I will bite the bullet and buy it, but can Emby use Stereoscopic Player as an external player?

The second, less important, question I have is...is there any way to get my TV to play ripped 3D Blu Rays in 3D automatically?  If I stick the disc in or watch something natively in 3D on TV (DirectTV used to have 3D channels, though they are long gone now) my Samsung un60es7150 would automatically swtich to 3D mode.  However, with Stereoscopic Player I have to pick 'side by side' as my viewing format, start playing, then go to the TV's menu and manually turn on 3D side by side mode.  Boo hoo, my diamond necklace chafes, but it is pretty annoying. Is there a better way?

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't really sure where to post it.

mranim8or

I should probably mention that I'm currently using MPC-HC as my player, though I have a copy of Power DVD 15.  I have a Intel HD 3000 chipset graphics card thats built into the motherboard if that makes any difference. I'm running Windows 7 with Emby server and the client on the same machine.

Hi, since WMC can't play these natively, you need to setup an external player.  As far as this question is concerned:

can Emby use Stereoscopic Player as an external player?

Emby can use any external player that you can configure with the command line. If you have an external player that you like, why not support them and just buy it and then your search will be over. I'm sure they work hard and without your support, they may cease to exist and before you know it you don't have any options.

mranim8or

The trouble is thus far I'm not that big of a fan of stereoscopic player. I can't get it to cause my tv to autoswitch like regular Blu Ray 3Ds do (the closest I can get is with the view setting to use the Intel Stereo driver, but this doesn't work in full screen mode for some reason) and it doesn't seem to have the configurability that mpc-hc has. I need to be able to assign a button to turn on close captions, switch audio tracks, etc. If its the only game in town I will be forced to use it, but I wanted to see if there are better options.

mranim8or

So...is there no other option other than Stereoscopic Player?  I read someplace recently that madVR supports 3D with the latest LAV filters. Has anyone gotten this working on a Windows 7 machine, or is that a limitation. I tried and MPC-HC just played the movie in 2D.

mranim8or

Thanks, Overseer. Are you using Windows 7? And did you have to configure anything specifically in MadVR to get it to work?