New Plugin: Emby.Notification.Slack

ackbarr

I added the folder "Season 4" to the Dragon Ball Z parent folder, scanned the library then got the messages below. The episodes in the message are from season 1. Worked flawlessly for a movie. Are there tweaks I can make to make the message only put the parent folder name in the message? And not separate messages for each file?

5d8d7b1689b42_Capture.png

5d8d7b41e1303_Capture.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
adrianwi

I've been using this for a while, and it works great, so a big thank you!

I've just installed Mattermost on my own server, and was wondering if anyone has tried using this with that?

UPDATE

I've got it sending notifications to my Mattermost install, and other than defaulting my admin user, it seems to work just as well.  It would be nice to assign the updates to a Bot, but not really sure where to start as it's all pretty new

Edited by adrianwi

adrianwi

Thought I report this, as it was also a problem when I was running with Slack, but I get this daily at the same time

User Activity Notification failed
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException (System.ExceptionArgument argument) [0x00006] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) [0x00008] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue].ContainsKey (TKey key) [0x00000] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at playback_reporting.Tasks.TaskNotifictionUserReport <Execute>d__18.MoveNext () [0x003a2] in <5e9d7c02d87e4e62b08c27a77ebd08fe>:0 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker <ExecuteInternal>d__69.MoveNext () [0x00188] in <450b368eae8f4cb8ab4853f8ffe89952>:0 

• 2 weeks later...
adrianwi

I'm still getting these messages in my 'slack-client' even though I've disabled the User Activity Report notification.  Any ideas?

User Activity Notification failed
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException (System.ExceptionArgument argument) [0x00006] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) [0x00008] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue].ContainsKey (TKey key) [0x00000] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at playback_reporting.Tasks.TaskNotifictionUserReport <Execute>d__18.MoveNext () [0x003a2] in <5e9d7c02d87e4e62b08c27a77ebd08fe>:0 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <0e06830de9a44394a7e366951eabca52>:0 
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker <ExecuteInternal>d__69.MoveNext () [0x00188] in <450b368eae8f4cb8ab4853f8ffe89952>:0 

adrianwi

The only bit I understand is 'value cannot be null' but surely if it's not enabled it doesn't matter, as it shouldn't be running?

miniliQuid

I added the folder "Season 4" to the Dragon Ball Z parent folder, scanned the library then got the messages below. The episodes in the message are from season 1. Worked flawlessly for a movie. Are there tweaks I can make to make the message only put the parent folder name in the message? And not separate messages for each file?

5d8d7b1689b42_Capture.png

5d8d7b41e1303_Capture.png

Honestly I would prefer something like this as well.

I tend to upgrade my library with higher qualities every now and then.

So 720p eventually got replaced with 1080p and now slowly starts getting replaced with 4k.

The downside is that for every type it notifies that the same movie has been added to the server.

Same thing goes for shows which is rather annoying :(

Would be nicer if added content notifications had more tweaks for these kind of updates or adding a whole season, or worse a whole blu-ray box for a show.

Getting 100+ notifications cause each episode gets detected is a real pain in the.... :D

• 1 month later...
Natilus13

Hey folks, hoping someone can help me out here. I had Slack working but this past weekend had to move my emby setup to a new machine. After the move emby no longer appeared to be posting to slack. I've been reading through the various threads, but can't really find clear instructions on how to set it up. I've tried removing and reinstalling the plugin, and it did not help. I know my webhook URL for my Slack app is correct, as I can use curl to post to the channel in Slack, just can't figure out how to get emby posting again.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I would love to hear them. I am also happy to share my log if anyone wants to look at that with them too.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Posting this here as I wasn't sure where else to really ask.

Using Slack plugin for Rocket.Chat, works fine:

5e1fb93e3151c_Untitled.png

Question mostly for @@Luke

Is there a way to trigger the API after metadata has been created? It sends as soon as it detects which sends alerts like the above.

TV Shows work alright, if you let them add automatically (and not start a scan manually):

5e1fb9b6e306b_Untitled2.png

• Like 1

Is there a way to trigger the API after metadata has been created? It sends as soon as it detects which sends alerts like the above.

Yes this is something we need to look at improving.

• Like 3

horstepipe

@@Luke

The developer of the plugin doesn’t seem to be active anymore. Would you mind to take a look at the escaping of special characters like „Ä“ „Ö“ „Ü“ if you find some free time somewhen?

@@Luke

The developer of the plugin doesn’t seem to be active anymore. Would you mind to take a look at the escaping of special characters like „Ä“ „Ö“ „Ü“ if you find some free time somewhen?

I can't become the primary developer of this plugin. I can help with the Emby side of things. Perhaps there's a knowledgeable community member here?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
LightMoon

Hi all - been using Emby for a while and been a lurker on the forums. I'm a big fan of Slack and a .NET developer in a former life so I decided to try my hand at making an Emby plugin to send notifications via incoming webhooks to the slack channel of your choice. I am looking for additional testers, particularly those running Emby server on Mono platforms.

This beta release is feature complete and allows you to specify different settings for each emby user, specify which channel receives the notifications, use a custom emoji, and change the slack username.

Other Supported Services

Many chat systems use webhook systems similar to slack. This means that the Emby.Notification.Slack plugin works with a few additional services. The following have been confirmed working:

The following are untested, but suspected working.

Known Issues

Can someone give a update around this plugin ?

Is it working with latest build ?

• 3 weeks later...
fizz55

I recently updated my Emby install to 4.3.1.0 and I ran into the same issue some of you pointed out in this thread where the configuration page would not load nor save things correctly. 

So I decided to fix things. I have made a pull request to the original github repo (https://github.com/ackbarr/Emby.Plugins/pull/4).

I also made an unofficial release available in my own fork since the original developer doesn't seem to be active anymore.

Fixed plugin can be found here: https://github.com/Fizz55/Emby.Plugins/releases/tag/1.0.0.2_unofficial

Please test this and report back  B)

Natilus13

@@fizz55

So I've got the settings screen showing up again, but I keep getting an error when I try to test sending a message. I know my incoming webhook URL is correct though becuase I can send a message using a curl command. Any suggestions?

fizz55

@@fizz55

So I've got the settings screen showing up again, but I keep getting an error when I try to test sending a message. I know my incoming webhook URL is correct though becuase I can send a message using a curl command. Any suggestions?

Would be helpfull to know what kind of error you are getting? Also, I can see in this thread that you've had issues with this plugin due to moving Emby to an new machine. Is this the same error as the one you were getting before?

Did you copy the plugin settings over or did you do a clean Emby install? Maybe a firewall is blocking something? Maybe the correct ports are not open?

What platform are you running Emby on? Trough which browser are you accessing the plugin page? You could try running a bare minimum second instance of emby server with a clean install of this plugin to see if you are getting the same results.

Without a sensible error log, I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

adrianwi

Firstly, hats off sir!  I found this plugin just before it broke, but in that short time thought it was great!

How do I go about testing it?