New Plugin: Emby.Notification.Slack

ackbarr

horstepipe

Hi, 

Can you add the possibility to edit the notification message?

I would like to add an image like I do in omby when I post a notification on my slack channel : 

Hey

is this format possible with Omby?

• 3 months later...
Thuzad

When an update is out, I receive a notification on Slack, after a reboot the notification is spam every minute into my channel.

5cb0dff7693bd_firefox_20190412_205822.pn

Edited by Floflobel

• 2 months later...
drikosv8

Please help the plugin developer by providing the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

With pleasure, my friend.

I attached the log

Emby Server Version 4.2.0.16 beta

Plugin Slack 1.0.0.2
Plugin Slack 1.0.0.2 Beta
Plugin Slack 1.0.0.2 Beta 2

Plugin does not save settings

embyserver.txt

ackbarr

I took a look at the log and didn't see anything obvious there.  I'm still running the latest stable and the configuration page works fine there. Once I can get an emby server setup with the beta I'll attempt to duplicate.

• Like 1

drikosv8

I took a look at the log and didn't see anything obvious there.  I'm still running the latest stable and the configuration page works fine there. Once I can get an emby server setup with the beta I'll attempt to duplicate.

\Thank you friend

I will be following here the answer of your test in the beta, because it is not working here.

Thank you

horstepipe

hey @@ackbarr

any idea how to fix the problem with the "&" symbol?

I'd really like to use the new cumulative "new content notification" of the playback reporting plugin, but if one of the titles includes a "&" symbol the whole notification stays empty in Rocket.Chat.

@@TeamB in case of need, would it be possible to replace all "&" with "and" in your notification system?

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe

Thuzad

When an update is out, I receive a notification on Slack, after a reboot the notification is spam every minute into my channel.

5cb0dff7693bd_firefox_20190412_205822.pn

@@Luke Have you got an idea for solve the problem ?

Thuzad

What does that translate to?

A new version of Emby Server for Emby Server is available for download.

Please see emby.media for details.

@@horstepipe

I think it will be more than just & that is causing an issue. The Notification plugin should escape any characters it can not handle.

Exactly, if it is a concern specific to Slack, then it should be handled within the plugin, not anywhere else. Thanks.

horstepipe

Exactly, if it is a concern specific to Slack, then it should be handled within the plugin, not anywhere else. Thanks.

Unfortunately it seems to be a concern specific to Rocket.Chat. In Slack it works fine.

horstepipe

@@horstepipe

I think it will be more than just & that is causing an issue. The Notification plugin should escape any characters it can not handle.

So @@ackbarr will you take a look at it to escape the characters in your plugin?

Edited by horstepipe

ackbarr

It should be handled by the notification plugin.

Agreed - based on the slack API docs, looks like they have a few characters that need to be htmlencoded. I don't have my visual studio environment setup atm, but once I do it looks like a straightforward fix.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
JoeBob0131

Not sure if it has ever been reported here, but Slack notifications won't send notifications if your emby user starts with a lower case letter. Not too big of a deal since I can just rename users, just an FYI.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
brettuk

\Thank you friend

I will be following here the answer of your test in the beta, because it is not working here.

Thank you

I'm having this issue on latest stable - can't save the page so can't setup the plugin

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Same doesn't work on the last beta i'm getting this error :

VM454:83 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: $(...).html(...).selectmenu is not a function

at <anonymous>:83:29

Same doesn't work on the last beta i'm getting this error :

VM454:83 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: $(...).html(...).selectmenu is not a function

at :83:29

@@ackbarr, just remove the use of the .selectmenu(...) method, or even better, convert to vanilla  js and that will be fine.