never ending sync

lanos

I added a new show to emby this weekend but Kodi refused to show it listed. I did manual syncs, library repair and in a last ditch effort I did a library reset. Now Emby for kodi is broke for me, it does a sync whenever I start up kodi makes it to 99% on added box sets and just stays there. If I try to do anything with Kodi once emby hits that 99% for boxsets all of Kodi crashes and I have to use task manager to close out. I let it sit for 12 hours and it still was just stuck 99% boxset. I already had the art cache at 25 so i dropped it all the way down to 5 still nothing I've attached my most recent log hopefully someone can help me with this I have people here freaking out, without their Kodi/Emby we may have to be forced to actually talk to one another.

oh and I'm on emby for  kodi ver 2.2.19

and kodi Jarvis, I think I'm not exactly sure how to tell which version I have but I know my last manual update was jarvis

kodi.log

Edited by lanos

Angelblue05

Grr this is happening because Kodi can't be depended on apparently. It should generate a start and stop event when it's looking at the database and it usually does. However, sometimes it only generates a start event and the stop event never triggers. So the add-on waits to write to the database forever, until Kodi is exited or Kodi triggers the stop event. 

Does this always happen? When I see this happen, it's been pretty random.

It's only been happening as far as I know this weekend but its been happening over and over its been 4 days and it hasn't gotten past the box sets and its not adding anything to the library so the addon and kodi has been unusable for 4 days

Angelblue05

I'll make a new build for you in a few. Sorry, I've just been sick with a cold for the past two days. I haven't been able to work on your issue yet.

Angelblue05

@@lanos

Can you install this build over your current one? Note this is beta so a few things will have change (that are coming to stable very soon anyway).

Let me know if you encounter any issues, sorry for the delay.

Edit: You can try the latest beta build 2.2.39 (I've pushed your fix to it)

Edited by Angelblue05