All tuners active when Emby starts up

mickeyfinn
Go to solution Solved by mickeyfinn,

mickeyfinn

I have had LiveTV working for a while, but after a recent crash, the ServerWMC plugin did not show as installed anymore.  Taking the opportunity to install the latest ServerWMC update (had to install manually since auto update was not working) I then installed the plugin in Emby and restarted.  When it restarted it began to set each of my three tuners (HDHR Prime) to active.  WMC was not showing the tuners were active, but could not open Live TV because there were no tuners available.  ServerWMC showed the tuners as busy, but I could not get them to release from there.  I had to restart my HDHR to get them to release.  However, now every time Emby restarts the same thing happens.  I looked through the Emby logs but couldn't see anything that showed an error during startup.  This line repeated twice, but I don't know if that means anything:

2016-10-01 10:53:33.7352 Info App: Entry point completed: MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.SatIp.SatIpDiscovery. Duration: 0 seconds

Any ideas what is going on?  Other than the issues with startup, everything else appears to be working correctly.  I did an uninstall/reinstall of the ServerWMC plugin to see if that would fix it, but it still occupies all the available tuners on startup, one by one.

krustyreturns

Please also post the serverwmc log (see debug  tab) when emby shows all the tuners as busy.

krustyreturns

When emby is asking for the channels, swmc is throwing an error that it can't get the tuner info from the com.  Have you tried just restarting the server?  I looks like the com drivers just need to be reset.

mickeyfinn

Well the reboot last night appeared to fix it, but I checked Emby this morning and it was not running.  When I restarted it using the Emby Server shortcut in Windows the same tuner busy issue occurred.  I'll only get home later today, so if you need logs I can get them at that time.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

mickeyfinn

Yeah, I haven't had any problems in WMC, outside of it not having available tuners when this happens.  I've been watching LiveTV on it daily for the past week.

krustyreturns

I don't know what is going on then, this is a new one on me.  Maybe you have some other software package going that is grabbing tuners.  Or somehow you have multiple instances of serverwmc running.  

Edited by krustyreturns

Has he posted startup logs of this?

What does the hdhr web interface say when this if happening?

krustyreturns

He posted a swmc log and from that I could tell that swmc was where the problem was originating, why its happening though is a mystery to me.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
mickeyfinn

This issue appears to have cleared itself up by and large.  I have occasionally seen a tuner in use when it appears like no-one is using it, but nothing where all three tuners are busy and the services and system restart without any problems.  I think this is resolved, though I'm not certain of the cause.  Thanks both to Luke and Krustyreturns for their help in trying to figure this out.

• Like 1