update to 3.0.7300 package failed to start

braddles69
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

braddles69

James, got it done successfully this time, took awhile to complete and maybe I closed the session early last time...as per

sendlogs_BradsSynology_synology_bromolow_3615xs_20161017T095903UTC.tgz 

Thanks again for your help in this.

Brad

PS Being 12.7M is this large and if so should I clear the logs (how?) and rundiags again to reduce the size of the logfile?

Edited by braddles69

solabc16

Hi Brad

Got it this time, I just took a look through the logs and can see the earlier attempt, it did fail to upload the logs.

From what I can see so far, it looks like Package Center did not download the XPEnology specific package.

I'm just looking to see why. That will be why it's not running, as you have the Synology package installed.

-James

solabc16

Hello Again

Ok, looking through the logs, there's a period where the package_repository parameter wasn't being set, see below.

This would have caused Package Center to receive the default stable channel update location.

Package Center caches the responses to its queries for a period, so I suspect it used this location for the 3.0.8100.0-1 update.

REQUEST TIMESTAMP: 2016-10-17T01:24:59+00:00
[REQUEST_URI] => /?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586&package_update_channel=beta&unique=synology_bromolow_3615xs&build=5967&language=enu&major=5&arch=bromolow&minor=2&timezone=Melbourne

REQUEST TIMESTAMP: 2016-10-17T07:40:09+00:00
[REQUEST_URI] => /?package_update_channel=beta&unique=synology_bromolow_3615xs&build=5967&language=enu&major=5&arch=bromolow&minor=2&timezone=Melbourne

REQUEST TIMESTAMP: 2016-10-17T07:40:13+00:00
[REQUEST_URI] => /?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586&package_update_channel=beta&unique=synology_bromolow_3615xs&build=5967&language=enu&major=5&arch=bromolow&minor=2&timezone=Melbourne

Are you comfortable editing files within an SSH session? We need to make one small change, so that you can download and update the package again.

- James

braddles69

Thanks again James, edited and downloaded and installed and running fine again.

Cheers Brad

PS My problem may have been to have both Emby LLC repositories in my package sources, once the 8300 downloaded and failed I deleted the "normal" Emby package source, and sought your advice.

Going forward I should just leave the "special" repository package source?

Thanks Brad

Edited by braddles69

solabc16

Ah, that would be it and would explain what we've been analysing in the logs.

Thanks for the update, I always like to get to the bottom of these issues.

Yes, you should just have the XPEnology package source configured now.

I updated the website following our last 'adventure', so this is now detailed as part of Step 1 under the Synology section here: https://emby.media/nas-server.html

Best

- James