Remote Control

JMGNYC

Sammy

Does anyone have similar experience with remote. If a movie has been playing and say halfway through the movie and I attempt to use the remote it's like I have push several buttons and wake the USB port or something before it will start working with ET, I can see the red light on the receiver and I have checked the power settings and reinstalled ET from scratch (also the remote driver that comes with ET) I have also tried changing USB ports. Thoughts?

I'm using a standard WMC remote with RC6 commands to control ET, well actually the Harmony command set for Microsoft Media Center SE, which is the same commands as WMC remote. The driver is built into windows. I sometimes have issues with the stop command but haven't seen what you are seeing but then again it is usually not more than 30 minutes between pauses around my house.

Edited by Sammy

PrincessClevage

I'm using a standard WMC remote with RC6 commands to control ET, well actually the Harmony command set for Microsoft Media Center SE, which is the same commands as WMC remote. The driver is built into windows. I sometimes have issues with the stop command but haven't seen what you are seeing but then again it is usually not more than 30 minutes between pauses around my house.

For what ever reason the directly connected HP RF receiver stopped functioning normally and I resolved the delay issues by connecting a USB hub then attaching the HP RF receiver to the USB hub and is back to working as normal. Edited by PrincessClevage

• 3 weeks later...
Sammy

@@Sammy, in most cases the apps are already catching these buttons (e.g. recorded tv), however they might not yet be doing anything in response to them. It is something we will look at for a future update. Thanks.

Thanks Luke! I just figured this was lost in the shuffle of mpv.. Being able to jump to different sections with a remote would be fantastic! Right now one must back out of one then surf around the main screen and then enter into the next section they want to be in and this change would make a great improvement to Emby Theater.

Any progress on this?

Thanks!

Sammy

I use Harmony 900's for all TV's that have ET (HTPC's) connected to them. Actually I use these for all but one of my 6 TV's with the other one being a Harmony One.

Mapping the standard WMC RC-6 commands for the Green Button, Guide, LiveTV, Movies, Recorded TV would be a start but it can go farther by using some of the functions available in the command set for Microsoft Media Center SE, which includes many keyboard shortcuts ALT, CTRL, SHIFT and numbers or F# keys which can be mapped to the soft keys on the LED screen. Basically mapping jumping around to various screens (tabs) in Emby to Windows Keyboard shortcuts would work fine as these can then be emulated in the programming of the remote.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We support quite a bit of buttons at this point, although the windows green button will not currently work. Can you give examples of any that are not working? thanks.

Sammy

It doesn't have to be remote commands even as mapping jumping around to various screens (tabs) in Emby to Windows Keyboard shortcuts would work fine as these can then be emulated in the programming of the remote. The Windows Media Center SE command set for Harmony Remotes includes a lot of keyboard shortcuts like the F# buttons and Alt +# or Alt =F# too. If Emby was made to switch from the Home Screen to say the Movies Screen using Alt +F1 on a keyboard for example this same thing can be programmed into a Harmony Remote to make the switch then the others could be Alt +F2 for TV Series, Alt +F3 for LiveTV (or the LiveTV Button), etc, etc.

Sammy

Ok so you're looking for new commands to be added.

Yes. WMC does this quite nicely. You can jump to LiveTV, Guide, RecordedTV, Music, Movies (back in the day before MB2.x or so) just by pushing a button on the remote.

Sammy

YES! That would make it even more universal.. But Emby needs to support it on their end first in order for it to go anywhere.

What do you think @@Luke ?

We already support lots of keys from MCE remotes. Not the green button though.

Sammy

Is there a Wiki on that or even a list of supported remote commands and what they do in ET?

I get the arrow keys, stop/pause, return, FFW and REW but nothing that will jump between different areas of ET unless there's something I don't know about.

Sammy

Thanks Luke. I saw this the day you posted it but am just now getting around to taking a look. I will see about adding that to my Harmony but I think some of the keyboard in that Wiki commands are not in the Harmony Command Set and being able to directly jump to TV Series and Movies in ET with the remote would be a nice add. I will look to find the exact command set for Harmony Remotes and post it here.

Edited by Sammy

• 7 months later...

The next update to the Emby Theater Windows Store app will have Wake on LAN. You'll be able to wake a server from the server selection screen. Just click on a server as usual, and you'll see "Wake On LAN" as one of the options in the menu for that server.

Enjoy.