Emby for Kodi on OpenElec/R-Pi: Cats knocked out the power plug, now nothing will play.

Learning_Curve

Learning_Curve

Title sums it up. Here's the expanded version:

• Middle of the night, cats being their usual crazy selves knocked the plug for my power strip out of the wall, killing my TV and my r-pi.
  • Wake up, plug it back in, reboot r-pi, nothing will play - no movies, no TV, no music.
  • Get message "failed to direct-play [filename]" where [filename] is whatever it is I'm trying to play.
  • Do Emby for Kodi reset: wipe library, keep add-on settings, reboot. Failed to direct-play [filename].
  • Do Emby for Kodi reset: wipe library, reset all add-on settings, reboot. Failed to direct-play [filename].
  • Meanwhile, rebooted the server just to be sure.
  • The add-on is currently scraping the server, but with 582 movies and 40-something TV shows (4k+ episodes) it takes about an hour for it to finish syncing the library.

That's where I'm at. I would have just reformatted the micro-sd card, but the only computer I have has a non-functional sd-card reader.

My Emby server recognizes the device. My server address and username are correct. The r-pi connects to the server and downloads all the media info, watched/unwatched status, and so on. It just won't play anything.

Any ideas?

I don't know where to look for logs in Openelec. I have SSH available, so I can grab it if need be.

Not sure what Openelec version I have, but the splash screen is for Kodi Isengard 15.2, and the addon version is 2.2.19, downloaded and installed right from the repo.

EDIT: Never mind. Thanks for reading, though. I forgot to turn on the 'play from http instead of smb' option. Once I checked that off, everything worked fine.

Edited by Learning_Curve