Emby for Kodi Freezes

lja

Angelblue05

Is your server still responsive during this time? Try decreasing the number of items pulled from your server, under the emby add-on settings > sync options > change it to 50. Let me know if it helps.

Is your server still responsive during this time? Try decreasing the number of items pulled from your server, under the emby add-on settings > sync options > change it to 50. Let me know if it helps.

@@Angelblue05

Thanks. Server still responsive during freeze. Changed to 50. However still frozen.

Edited by lja

Angelblue05

@@lja

Gah you removed your original log...? Can you post your latest one then? I would like to keep looking to fix this, thanks.

Angelblue05

Thanks! For now, you can go ahead and disable music to allow the sync to complete. I will look into this and let you know if I need more info or if I have something for you to test. By the way, do you happen to have the server log from the same time Kodi tried to sync and failed? There should be errors in the log caused this issue, and it would help greatly.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks. Will disable music for now. Sorry I do not have the server log from the same time. Look forward to your help.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@lja

I've pushed a fix to the latest beta of emby for kodi 2.2.39. The fix is to prevent the throttle from freezing Kodi when we encounter an issue such as malformed request.

This won't fix your issue with albums throwing bad status 400 when being synced. I added additional logging to try to pinpoint your issue, since I can't reproduce and no one else seem to be experiencing this.

Can you please install the latest version, enable music, and run a manual sync? Then provide your Kodi log and your server log from that same timeframe; this should at least give me a better idea of how to proceed next. Keep me posted, thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@lja

I've pushed a fix to the latest beta of emby for kodi 2.2.39. The fix is to prevent the throttle from freezing Kodi when we encounter an issue such as malformed request.

This won't fix your issue with albums throwing bad status 400 when being synced. I added additional logging to try to pinpoint your issue, since I can't reproduce and no one else seem to be experiencing this.

Can you please install the latest version, enable music, and run a manual sync? Then provide your Kodi log and your server log from that same timeframe; this should at least give me a better idea of how to proceed next. Keep me posted, thanks.

@@Angelblue05

Thanks. 2.2.39 installed

Logs attached

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atoc3rix4p0pfnh/newkodi.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qusek1140hctsre/serverLog.txt?dl=0

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Can you take a look at the server log (it's the second link in the previous post), I think there's an issue server side, but I'm not sure how the user can resolve this:

Why is it *throwing this error, when pulling music albums?

2016-10-04 10:13:40.5008 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Users/53a3f6ae6f31be97f255bb141abf6c10/Items?format=json&Recursive=True&Fields=Path%2CGenres%2CSortName%2CStudios%2CWriter%2CProductionYear%2CTaglines%2CCommunityRating%2COfficialRating%2CCumulativeRunTimeTicks%2CMetascore%2CAirTime%2CDateCreated%2CMediaStreams%2CPeople%2COverview%2CCriticRating%2CCriticRatingSummary%2CEtag%2CShortOverview%2CProductionLocations%2CTags%2CProviderIds%2CParentId%2CRemoteTrailers%2CSpecialEpisodeNumbers%2CMediaSources%2CVoteCount&IsMissing=False&Limit=200&SortOrder=Ascending&IsVirtualUnaired=False&IncludeItemTypes=MusicAlbum&StartIndex=400&SortBy=DateCreated&CollapseBoxSetItems=False
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.7300.0
	Command line: C:\Users\server1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\server1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\server1\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: filename
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available
	InnerException: System.ArgumentNullException
	Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: filename
	   at CommonIO.ManagedFileSystem.GetValidFilename(String filename)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Audio.MusicArtist.GetPath(String name, Boolean normalizeName)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetArtist(String name)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.<AttachBasicFields>b__70(String i)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.AttachBasicFields(BaseItemDto dto, BaseItem item, BaseItem owner, DtoOptions options)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.<GetBaseItemDtoInternal>d__14.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.<GetBaseItemDtos>d__2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.<GetItems>d__5.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.<Get>d__0.MoveNext()
Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@lja

Can you try the latest beta version 2.2.41, let me know if it helps with the situation. Luke is looking to also fix this server side. For now, the add-on will just try to move on to the next batch of albums. So hopefully, it will allow you to at least complete the sync with music enabled. And when the fix is server side, you can run a manual sync to grab those missing albums.

• Like 1

@@lja

Can you try the latest beta version 2.2.41, let me know if it helps with the situation. Luke is looking to also fix this server side. For now, the add-on will just try to move on to the next batch of albums. So hopefully, it will allow you to at least complete the sync with music enabled. And when the fix is server side, you can run a manual sync to grab those missing albums.

Thanks @@Angelblue05. Process now completes. However with each startup, the process repeats.

• 3 weeks later...

@@Angelblue05

Sorry have been away for a while. Made no changes other than Just upgrading server today and all is well. Thanks for your help.

Edited by lja
  • Like 1