Refresh Guide task causing Emby Slowness

moviefan

moviefan

Whenever my system runs the Refresh Guide process Emby gets super slow in terms of responsiveness.

I was looking right now when it was happening at CPU is at 0% so I have no idea why it's being so slow.

Does this happen to anyone else?

moviefan

Was just trying to load my system on my xBox.  Clicked on my Movie Archive and tried to enter the movies but when the screen came up the circle just kept spinning.

Of course, refresh guide task was running.  Attaching server log if anyone thinks they can spot anything.

For now at least I've stopped the every 12 hour task to refresh the guide and set it to start at 4AM so no one is trying to do anything.

Edited by moviefan

stettler

Same for me. Was really annoying when the task took several hours to run. Now that it takes 10 mins or so, I can live with it...

moviefan

Same for me. Was really annoying when the task took several hours to run. Now that it takes 10 mins or so, I can live with it...

Are you also using schedules direct?  Mine takes almost 2 hours most of the time...

57f56a9c1b0d8_ScreenShot20161005at20203P

stettler

Are you also using schedules direct?  Mine takes almost 2 hours most of the time...

Yes, I use schedules direct too but I don't think it matters: I am using EPG123 to load schedules direct into WMC and then ServerWMC to access the tuners and guide data from Emby.

The ServerWMC logs were showing that the request from Emby were processed pretty fast but there was 1-2 minutes between each request which was slowing down things.

I tried to uninstall ServerWMC and the ServerWMC plug-in in Emby. Delete the guide data, delete the task and so on but it didn't changed anything. Finaly, I un-installed Emby fully and re-installed it. With the same setup, the refresh guide task is now taking less than 10 mins.

dbowles1975

Mine has been stuck at 0.0% forever. Seems to be refreshing either way. I use SD with an HDHR and DVBLink plugin. 

Mine has been stuck at 0.0% forever. Seems to be refreshing either way. I use SD with an HDHR and DVBLink plugin. 

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about your issue. It most likely is not stuck but if you feel that it is, then please provide the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

moviefan

This is starting to become really annoying.  Son woke up at 6:30 this morning and made me get up.  Emby for WMC crashed when trying to pick a movie.

The Refresh Guide task which was supposed to start at 4AM was still at 7.7%.

Eventually got it working by killing the tasks, restarting the server, etc.

Is there some way for me to reinstall while saving my configuration?

stettler
moviefan, on 08 Oct 2016 - 3:52 PM, said:

Is there some way for me to reinstall while saving my configuration?

There is the backup plug-in. But, imho, I would just note down the most important parts of the config and re-install from scratch, redoing the config manually, just in case... (that's what I did. Does't take long)

moviefan

Now it's not even finishing in 3 hours.  

57fa50769adcf_ScreenShot20161009at71134A

I want to reinstall but I reconfiguring the server from scratch will take forever.

@@Luke any ideas on what could be happening here?  Any other thoughts other than a complete reinstall and reconfig from scratch?

moviefan

Is there any other information I can provide to help figure out what is going on here?

The task is now taking between 2-5 hours every single day, during which the entire server is pretty much unusable.

Would really appreciate some assistance.

moviefan

I am actually now planning to move Emby from my ESX server back to my Windows 7 desktop so this shouldn't be a problem.

Are there step-by-step instructions for preserving all of the other settings, however?

Specifically, I'd like to retain my library configuration, my users, and my watched indicators.

I'd really like to mimic everything as much as possible in the new destination without recreating this particular issue.  None of those settings you mentioned in the linked thread seem to be issues for me.

moviefan

Then I would suggest using the backup plugin.

Is there some guidelines to this because I just tried importing a backup onto a new server and it didnt import any of the users at all.

• 5 months later...
Mustang Dave

Luke,

Is there any update on this issue?  I've had mine run multiple times for 11 hrs to complete, other times it will sit at 0% for 15 before starting that just takes off.  And all that may be happening with Emby is my daughter listening to music in her room.   The last  run since the recent 11 hr run took 22 minutes this time, but sat at 0% for 15 minutes before starting.

Hopefully I attached enough logs to make head or tails...

And for the record I am running the newest version of ServerWMC

Thanks in advance... Dave

server-63625781981.txt

server-63625812511.txt

server-63625691489.txt

server-63625737599.txt

Try to reduce the number of channels that you import as well as the number of days of guide data.

What kind of tv tuner do you have?

Mustang Dave

I changed the days from Auto to 10 and to be honest I am not sure where to change the number of channels, but all I use is TV over the AIR.  So actually no more than maybe 35-40 channels.

Hauppauge WinTV 1800 - 885

moviefan

I would just do the backup, reinstall, and rebuild the database.

I spent so much time trying to correct this with the previous install and it's just not worth it.

If you start fresh you will receive some benefits due to performance improvements that have been made since the time you first installed.

But before you get to that point I would start by reducing the number of guide days of data that you're importing.