Question about anniversary update

rmarcuse

After installing the following update:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496)

The loopback manager comes up empty and

Neither emby theater or the theater app will work. 

Hi, sorry to hear this. I cannot reproduce the problem, but I have seen several reports of strange issues with the anniversary update (not emby related).

I uninstalled the update and everything works again.  I just changed my network adapter to a metered connection to prevent auto downloads.

JMGNYC

I had to reinstall Emby Theater after the anniversary update but then it worked fine. Until, that is, the latest AMD driver update which was giving me a blank screen in madVR (audio was fine) until I switched madVR to DirectX 11.

Many report problems with the AU (and subsequent patches). Honestly, Windows 10 is a complete development and design mess, and MS are pushing out more bad updates than ever before. They don't really have a QA testing team anymore, and rely on Insiders to do the bug-hunting, but the up-vote process Insiders use is flawed, and MS often don't listen anyway. Insiders aren't trained testers either, and often don't run the 'ring' builds as their primary desktop. I guess MS thought it you have enough of them, someone will find the bugs, but it's not really working.

Windows 10 is a beta quality O/S at best, and anyone running it is a beta tester, Even Windows 8, which had major UI problems, was more stable.

They are trying to play catch up with android and that is forcing them to do things at a faster pace then they're probably capable of. there was a time when people had the same kind of instability complaints about android, so i'm sure they will get there.