Is there a way to tell Emby some things are DNT?

Lyfesaver

Lyfesaver

Is there a way to tell Emby to leave certain things alone? A DNT (Do Not Touch) setting I can assign to shows/movies/videos? I cant be the first person to ask about this but I did not find any answers in my searching. Let me explain by giving an example:

I like to add and save certain sports games, so I am going to use football for this example. All the games I save are Cowboys games (I expect verbal punishment for that) and I add them to my library as NFL - S2016E01 - Giants at Cowboys.mp4. Emby, without any approval from me I might add (even though it is not an exact match, not even a 25% match), adds it as "NFL: Monday Night Football". I have repeatedly told the server that it is not MNF and just a custom NFL.

Emby is like the honeybadger, it don't give a **** what I want ;) lol 

So back to NFL: Monday Night Football it changes. This has become maddening to me, any tips on how to make it recognize new "episodes" and to reflect those changes, but at the same time not changing the metadata of the show itself?

I am sure I am overlooking something easy as Emby server has pretty much (for the most part) thought of everything, so please... I implore you... tell me how I am wrong. ;)

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter :)

Edited by Lyfesaver

Happy2Play

Have you tried locking the series?  The other options is put it in Home Videos Library.

• Like 1

Lyfesaver

I have not tried locking the series, i must have missed that. If I lock it, will it still pick up new videos I add?