Fall 2016 roku models

speechles

Roku updated their store with the new devices and a street date. By october 7th they will ship.

https://www.roku.com/products

The premiere+ is akin to what the roku 3 was before, with the addition of 4k, hdr, and hevc/vp9 along full 60fps support in all resolutions.

Anyone preordered yet? :)

swhitmore

They look like great devices for the price point. I noticed they announced a new UI as well. could we potentially see Emby Theatre running on one of these?

• 2 weeks later...
pclausen

I was about to pick up one of these when I realized they even the new Roku Ultra does not support audio bit-streaming.

I have more and more Dolby Atmos and DTS-X titles in my library, and only my main HTPC running Emby Theater is able to properly pass the HD audio to my receiver to be properly decoded.

I now have 2 other locations in the house with Atmos / DTS-X capable receivers and I was really hoping to reduce the number of HTPCs I need to run Emby.

I have the nVidia Shield at one of those other locations, it can't bitstream audio either, nor can my Apple TV.  I have heard that Kodi does properly bit-stream audio, but I'd rather stay with native Emby apps if possible.

So is Emby Theater still the only game in town when it comes to bit-streaming from a native Emby app?

Roku 3's transcode Atmos titles all the way down to 2 channel stereo, and it causes playback freezes or drops you back to the main movie title at random times while watching.

Edited by pclausen