Changing Server update from Stable to Beta

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

There used to be a setting in the Dashboard under Setting>Automatic Updates to change if you wanted to have the server update to the Beta or Dev version I am currently on Stable Version 3.0.7200.0 and this setting is not there anymore.

I looked around to see if it was moved to somewhere else and I can't find it anywhere. Is this no longer a setting? How do I easily just change from Stable to Beta now? 

Happy2Play

It was removed as you would see in all the dev to beta and beta to dev issues.  All you need to do is install the beta from the website.  I believe there is only an issue if you want to downgrade back to Stable unless @@Luke has already resolved it.

jasonmcroy

Thanks happy2play. So, can I just download Beta and install over the top of my existing stable and it will override it? 

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Thanks happy2play. So, can I just download Beta and install over the top of my existing stable and it will override it? 

Yes and it will change your update level to beta.

• Like 1

It was removed as you would see in all the dev to beta and beta to dev issues.  All you need to do is install the beta from the website.  I believe there is only an issue if you want to downgrade back to Stable unless @@Luke has already resolved it.

How do we get back to stable?

Happy2Play

If installing stable from the website is still being upgraded, then you will need to shut down the server and edit the <SystemUpdateLevel> in your system.xml to Release.   And reinstall stable from website.

system.xml is in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\config

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 months later...

Hi, we don't recommend switching the same Emby server installation between release channels, as there could be incompatibilities between them. The best thing to do is choose one and stick with it, and then start fresh if you want to switch. The backup and restore plugin in the plugin catalog can help make transitions easier.