Live TV stop playing with error

stettler

stettler

Hello,

I got another problem: After a more or less short time (a few minutes), the live TV stop with the following error:

"There was an error playing the video.

Please ensure there is an open tuner availalble."

That happen at least in web client and when casting to chromecast.

I have 4 tuners and all are available except the one that is playing the current live TV.

I joined the Emby server log and ServerWMC log. (there is nothing in the ffmpeg log, it just end).

ServerWMC.txt

server.txt

stettler

I found out something funny:

If I watch the same channel from 2 different computers, they won't produce the error at the same time at all. In fact, one computer may get the error after a few minutes and the other may run for hours without any problem.

Now, when watching several times the same channel, there is only 1 tunner used and Emby is connecting to ServerWMC only once. So the problem is probably not coming from ServerWMC.

Now, when watching several times the same channel, there is only 1 tunner used and Emby is connecting to ServerWMC only once. So the problem is probably not coming from ServerWMC.

ServerWMC manages how many tuners get used in that situation.

stettler

ServerWMC manages how many tuners get used in that situation.

Ah ok! ServerWMC was showing only 1 tuner being used while 2 computers were watching the same live TV channel.

But does that mean that there is 1 stream between Emby and ServerWMC (and then Emby create 2 streams, one for each computer) or is there 2 different streams between ServerWMC and Emby?

stettler

I made more tests: this problem happen with ServerWMC 1225 but not with the 1237 version. So either something was fixed in the 1237 version or it's caused by the encoding of the audio track. (In my case, the 1225 version is defaulting to the "Dolby Digital" track as it doesn't handle the mp3 ones correctly. The 1237 doesn't play any audio and it's not possibe to change track to test with the "Dobly Digital" one.)

Yea I saw in another thread there are some ongoing audio-related changes in the newer serverwmc builds, fyi. so i'm sure that's related.

krustyreturns

@@stettler,

If two live streams are running viewing the same channel serverwmc will only tie up one tuner, but two streams will be going to emby from serverwmc.