Feature Request: Additional 3D Support

Davidtt485
Go to solution Solved by Davidtt485,

A8HTPC

I have run into Cinavia protection ( so DVDFab told me anyways) but never an issue after successfully ripping the movie. Ripping to ISO could be an issue though.

edit. I guess this is why it works,

DVDFab Is able to copy a whole lot of movies that are protected by Cinavia using a proprietary BDMVREC format.Their software doesn’t actually remove Cinavia but it creates an AACS protected backup that will play on selected Blu-ray players. They also have a fair share of information on the protection. Edited by A8HTPC

Mfusick

So an update Renaming the File Broke HW accellerated 3d playback.... UNTIL you download and install the new stereoscopic beta which works flawlessly with the rename trick... so now i have 3d playabck working excellent without any weird hacks huge WAF

Can you explain a little more about your set up.  I am interested but not exactly sure about this all.  I didn't follow this thread very well but I am intersted in setting up 3D playback on my library.  What is the best way to do that ?   Up until now I would manually just play the movie - like use a mouse and find the movie and play it with a 3D capable player.   Not very advanced I know...  lol.   But hey.. it works.   

• 2 weeks later...
Rafi1001

Can you explain a little more about your set up.  I am interested but not exactly sure about this all.  I didn't follow this thread very well but I am intersted in setting up 3D playback on my library.  What is the best way to do that ?   Up until now I would manually just play the movie - like use a mouse and find the movie and play it with a 3D capable player.   Not very advanced I know...  lol.   But hey.. it works.

@@Mfusick

As for your question, you can find answers and features suggestions on my thread here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8178-3d-blu-ray-movies-in-mediabrowser-feature-request/

It's important to me if you guys read the post and support me to develop features i suggested.. Thanks

Davidtt485

rip the 3d MKV, then change the extension to mk3d. in the settings for external player check the box for mk3d and have it open stereoscopic player, i have some other tag lines in there to full screen and lock to ati hd3d but its works flawlessly with my harmony one.