Duplicate Entries in Trakt Watched History

Magic815
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Magic815

Hi there,

So I'm currently using the latest stable Emby Server and the latest stable Kodi Addon on my Windows 8.1 PC. I'm noticing that when I play local files that are on my hard drive (and in my Emby library), I will often see entries show up twice in my Trakt watched history (two entries that are marked as watched at the same time). In searching through threads, I see this has been an issue in the past.

Is this still a known issue at this time? Would love to see if this can be fixed at some point. Thanks again to all the devs and their hard work!

Angelblue05

Do you have the trakt addon installed in Kodi? Otherwise, provide your Kodi log which contains the playback(and ending) so we can hopefully see what is causing this.

Magic815

Ah, I do have the trakt addon installed in Kodi. My Kodi instance has other streaming services linked in it (which can't be connected to Emby), so the Kodi Trakt addon is the only way to get watched status on that.

So I guess it's just a case of Kodi Trakt and Emby Trakt each marking the status individually? I guess my only option is to turn off one of them?

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

Yes, I would turn off one of them. If you use your emby server for all your devices, I would suggest keeping the server plugin and removing the Kodi trakt plugin. But it is up to you.

Magic815

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Just as a curiosity (and I'm not a programmer, so apologies if this is stupid), but would there theoretically be a way to code the Emby Trakt to "check" and see if the watched status has already been applied for that item? Some sort of "smarts" so that when Emby Trakt is about to mark as watched, it would query Trakt to see if that item has been marked as watched in say the last 60 seconds? And then if it found it had been, it would skip the marking of the item?

I realize this sounds like a terrible band-aid solution, but figured I'd ask.

Angelblue05

In theory. But the trakt server plugin doesn't have an official dev, so I doubt anything like this would ever be implemented. The only solution would be to disable one or the other.