Live TV Channel Groups

mickeyfinn

KingKoopa08
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

Oh wow, learned something today. Not sure how important it was but I did learn something. :)

Yeah but lets be honest. He is only well known because of Seinfield. If it wasn't in an episode we wouldn't be joking about it 15 years later.

I think I'll change my handle to Media Nazi.

Anyone who give me a hard time: "No Emby for you"  :)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

Emby hasn't been Alive 14 Years.....

I thought it was, though then under the name VideoBrowser, or at least more or less 14 years... Not sure if Sam is still affiliated at all with Emby

EODCrafter
13 hours ago, Dibbes said:

I thought it was, though then under the name VideoBrowser, or at least more or less 14 years... Not sure if Sam is still affiliated at all with Emby

Huh?....United States Existed in 2000BC, but it wasn't actually the United States.....Wow..

On 9/26/2020 at 7:04 AM, EODCrafter said:

Huh?....United States Existed in 2000BC, but it wasn't actually the United States.....Wow..

slight difference there, there was no entity that was a direct predecessor of the USA 2000BCE... Emby came forth from VideoBrowser. Then to MediaBrowser and from there to MB or Emby...

Davicom

this feature that we have been looking forward to for a long time, would make emby practically at the forefront, but it must be implemented at the server level.  Please, Let you know us where we are in development @Luke
@ebr
   Simple o.t. I have to congratulate you on Emby for Kodi, a really good job

• Like 1

EODCrafter
53 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on it.

Kodi has been doing this for years...Just copy their code....

• Haha 1

None of that code would be of any use in Emby.  Two completely different pieces of software.

• Haha 1

EODCrafter

Yea, Kodi is a Media Player that is Free, and Emby is a Media Player that isn't.

Dragging Heels, 4 Years and Counting and Broken Promise this would be fixed at the END of last year.

All you can do is Heckle the current subscribers, not knowing how many Customers you have lost to this.

Edited by EODCrafter

No one is trying to "heckle" anyone.  We're just letting you know that many new things for Live TV/DVR are coming in the near future (can't say when yet) and are in VERY ACTIVE development.  This includes tons of new features and functionality that people have asked for. This isn't something that's a good idea and will be added in the future as the future is now.

The point of letting you know and commenting on certain things is to let you know we realize the issues and are currently taking steps to handle those things better with the next Live TV release in development.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cayars said:

No one is trying to "heckle" anyone.  We're just letting you know that many new things for Live TV/DVR are coming in the near future (can't say when yet) and are in VERY ACTIVE development.  This includes tons of new features and functionality that people have asked for. This isn't something that's a good idea and will be added in the future as the future is now.

The point of letting you know and commenting on certain things is to let you know we realize the issues and are currently taking steps to handle those things better with the next Live TV release in development.

I whole heartedly apprecite this response... 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

EODCrafter
53 minutes ago, cayars said:

I call this heckling......

Capture.PNG

• Haha 1

FrostByte
33 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

I call this heckling......

Capture.PNG

You're whinging.  You might need to look that one up too.

• Haha 4

PenkethBoy

an asinine posts - will usually draw a laugh from someone - and yeah look up heckling would you old chap - sorry about your feels but hey this is the big bad internet and people have different opinions to you

Have fun in xsteve land.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dibbes
20 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

..... people have different opinions to you

Wait, what?????? No no no no no no NO! Since I'm always right and also correct in my opinions, it's no more than correct to state that everyone else is just, well, wrong... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EODCrafter

Wow, the whole Crew came out on this one...You guys should maybe be fixing channel groups.....

Not a whole lot of WORK going on at Emby Ehh?

Probably why it's taken 4 + Years...JS

What other company calls it's PAYED LIFETIME Subscribers Whiners?

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Maybe I should go and make a bad review on the Google Play Store for the Emby....

47 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

Wow, the whole Crew came out on this one...You guys should maybe be fixing channel groups.....

Not a whole lot of WORK going on at Emby Ehh?

Put on your reading glasses and read about all the dev work being done. LOL
Love and respect your posts on the forums, but think you missed the boat on this one.

You can complain this type of thing wasn't done a year ago and I won't argue that position and might agree, but now that it's in active development, in alpha testing and nearing beta testing I don't concur at all.

There is nothing more any Emby team person can say, except this deliverable is not a customer wish lists, it's not only an idea, not just a plan, not just a design spec, not just a dev guide, but has been developed and is in alpha testing with about a dozen fellow users selected from the forums with "unique requirements" to push and test features who are testing and have been for a few months. Yes there are non employees actively testing both the UI and the playback pipeline.  The team is trying to cover many issues people have had. Feedback is taken, software adjusted, restesting happens. This will CONTINUE until the devs and users think we have a very powerful system that is easy to setup and use.

Edited by cayars
  • Like 3