Live TV Channel Groups

mickeyfinn

cperez90008

If we gave preference to favorite channels and frequently watched channels, would you even need channel groups?

I think the channel groups would be a great idea the favorite channels and frequently watched are great but to be able to go to the sports tab, or movies tab would be a time saver.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

I think the channel groups would be a great idea the favorite channels and frequently watched are great but to be able to go to the sports tab, or movies tab would be a time saver.

the answer to this is clearly yes. Wmc did it so why are we even questioning it?? [emoji3]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bitteronthefruit

I would love this feature. Recently tried another app that supports this and it's so nice especially with 1000 of feeds.

dbkyle

+1 as well.

Lack of Live channel groupings brings down the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).

Or as she put it.. she wanted to only focus on a few key channels.

• 2 weeks later...
groenator

I personally lost hope, I dont think this feature will come anytime soon. I was reading their blog, and on top of fixing bugs, emby team are focusing more on the client side rather than server side.

This feature has been requested more than 2 years ago and so far nothing happen. Finger cross, I might be wrong and the devs are having a closed door plan for this feature. Who knows.

We're working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...
pir8radio

Yea, I would think this one would be kind of easy right?    You can just do a virtual channel in the guide that is the group title, and allow us to jump to those virtual channel lines, the group channels listed below it?  Not a-lot of coding right?  :-)

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

PeteLocky

That's what you would assume but they will be working on all sorts, would love this feature tho arguably second to only native push notifications from the emby app

• 2 weeks later...
Shenniko

I have to agree with the majority of people who have paid for Premier Subscription.. this has been a request for the last 3 years (from what i can see, posts going back to 2016..) As a paid for service, this is something that should take some priority.. obviously bug fixes are a priority.. But 3 years and no development does not look good for something we are actually paying for..

• Like 2

I have to agree with the majority of people who have paid for Premier Subscription.. this has been a request for the last 3 years (from what i can see, posts going back to 2016..) As a paid for service, this is something that should take some priority.. obviously bug fixes are a priority.. But 3 years and no development does not look good for something we are actually paying for..

Especially when we keep seeing time and time again "we are working on this option". Telling us it can take a while is one thing but leading us on for years is another.

• Like 2

EODCrafter

Any news on this?

Channel groups along with user profiles would be a dream come true..

I remember @@Luke Promised "This Year" 4 Months....YES!

I thought we already had User Profiles?

5d6f5d1de6e8a_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

We have been waiting for this feature for several years.

I think since 2017.

The response is "in the future... "

I think that if I look for it, I also find 2016  :(

• Like 1

EODCrafter

:rolleyes:  :wub:

Brown-Noser!!!!!!! :) After 4 YEARS, those Happy faces will turn sad.

Edited by EODCrafter