Problems with IMDb Top 250 updates and Emby for Kodi

bartolomesoriano

bartolomesoriano

Hello,

First of, I am fully aware that Kodi Krypton is not supported until it reaches RC, but I nevertheless wanted to bring to your attention an issue I am having with the latest version of the addon (2.2.37 from the develop branch in your GitHub). 

As you know, the Emby server does not scrape IMDb Top 250 information, so the only way to have that populated in Kodi, if you use Emby for Kodi, is to use a third-party adoon in Kodi to update that information in your Kodi video db.  This has worked well until now.  I use an addon called "Rating Update" (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=107331), which works well in Krypton, if the viedo db is a native Kodi db.  If it is a Emby for Kodi created video db, it errors out with "query to the database failed" (in this case the database being the Kodi video db).

I turned on the Kodi debug log, but could not find anything that tells me exactly what is it that the addon cannot find in the Emby for Kodi created video db.  I looked at the JSON query the addon performs (it shows up in the debug log), and the only thing I could see was that the IMDb ID for the movies was being returned blank for all the movies.  I looked at the MyVideos107.db with an SQLite browser and I can see that Emby for Kodi is bringing that information over from the Emby server, so I don't know why the JSON query is returning blanks for that field.  Is there something you changed in where that is stored or how in the video db?

Again, that is the only thing I could see that seemed strange.

I reverted back to a native Kodi video db, and the addon runs fine and updates the IMDb Top 250 info for the movies.

While I know that Krypton is not supported, if you are willing to take a look at this, please let me know what additional information I can provide you to troubleshoot.  Thank you in advance for your consideration of this issue.

Regards,

Bart

Angelblue05

Nothing has changed in the database structure. The only modification was fixing the year displayed in Krypton. Otherwise, IMDB ids haven't changed in any way. 

I'll keep it in mind for when we will support Krypton.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@bartolomesoriano

For maximum compatibility with other Kodi add-ons, use Native playback mode (under add-on settings > sync options). You will need to reset your local database afterwards, to apply the changes. Let me know if it works then.