Problem with Emby and Pulse Eight USB-CEC adapter

odwyereamon

odwyereamon

Hi,

Has anyone successfully setup the Pulse Eight USB-CEC adapter with Emby Theatre on Windows?

I've just setup my adapter, but am running into some problems:

A lot of the time I can't navigate with the directional controls on my TV remote through my media library in Emby Theatre at all - if I disable and enable the adapter in Device Manager, then it sometimes works and I can navigate. However I can never get the playback controls on the TV remote to work.

When I check the adapter using CEC Tester on the libCEC tray, then I can control the volume of the connected receiver, and power on/off the connected TV and BluRay player.

Additionally, sometimes, the TV seems to switch back to HDMI 1 (I use HDMI 2 on my TV) when I launch Emby Theatre.

Probably not relevant, but here are some details on my setup:

• My HTPC OS is Windows 10 Ultimate
  • My TV is a TX58DX902B
  • My Receiver is denon AVR-X2200W
  • HTCP is plugged into the receiver, when is plugged into HDMI 2 on the TV

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

i have never seen this but the only thing i can think of is that there can only be one active receiver on the machine at the same time, so if you have other software that supports cec input then it needs to be completely shut down.

odwyereamon

Thanks for the response Luke.

I'm an idiot :rolleyes: . All I had to do to fix this was to set the HDMI port on libCEC tray to HDMI 5 - the HDMI port that my HTPC is connected to on my AVR, not HDMI 2, which is the port that the AVR is connected to on the TV. Once that was done, everything works like a charm with no further config.

I thought I'd post the resolution here on the off-chance someone else makes the same mistake as me.

Great feature BTW - thanks.