Render Error Type 0?

Ace of Space

Ace of Space

Issue description:

• If i try to Play a Movie on a remote site with limited bandwith in the Samsung app, the app try's to playback the movie as a transcodet stream. This results in a "Render Error Type 0". In my home network with direct playback, it will play without any problems.

Steps to reproduce:

• Reduce the bandwith in the Samsung app to a value with is lower than the bitrate of the movie, to force the playback of an transcodet stream.

My TV/HTS/BD Player model number:

• Samsung UE46F6470 117 cm (46 Zoll)

My firmware version:

My Emby server version:

• Version 3.0.7200.0

My current Emby Samsung client version:

• v2.1.3

Supporting information to include logs and pictures where applicable:

Video
Codec            H264
AVC              Yes
Profil           High
Leve             l41
Auflösung        1920x816
Seitenverhältnis 2.35:1
Anamorph         No
Interlaced       No
Framerate        23.97602
Bitrate          17968 kbps
Bit-Tiefe        8 bit
Pixelformat      yuv420p
Ref Frames       5
NAL              4

Audio #1
Sprache          ger
Codec            DCA
Profil           DTS
Darstellung      5.1
Kanäle           6 ch
Bitrate          768 kbps
Sample-Rate      48000 Hz
Bit-Tiefe        24 bit
Voreinstellung   Yes
Title            German DTS 5.1 @ 768 kbps

Audio #2
Sprache          eng
Codec            DCA
Profil           DTS
Darstellung      5.1
Kanäle           6 ch
Bitrate          1536 kbps
Sample-Rate      48000 Hz
Bit-Tiefe        24 bit
Voreinstellung   No
Title            English DTS 5.1 @ 1.536 kbps (core of DTS-MA)

post-158257-0-55814400-1474910418_thumb.jpg

server-log.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-5e19f951-9652-4772-9882-e3b36968015d.txt

Ace of Space

Hi,

Video codec... sounds strange, because direct play of this file will work on the same TV. The "Render Error Type 0" comes only if the Server transcode the file?

FrostByte

Well...I'm not sure the problem is actually DCA itself, just know what I see in your manual and what the error code is :)  It's possible a firmware update added support for DCA too.  I'll see if I can duplicate on my TV with a file with similar mediainfo

What do you mean by remote site?  Is it the same Emby server, but the file is just in the cloud vs local?

Ace of Space

Hi,

remote site means a location outside my local area network. I share my emby Server with some friends. And if i set the speedlimit in the samsung tv emby app to 6 MB per second, the app trys to play this file as transcodet stream. In this moment the "Render Type Error 0" appears. If i set the network speed to 120 MB per second, the app will play the same movies without transcoding and problems.

But, Transcoding works fine with the FireTV App oder the iPhone App or playing Movies over the Webinterface.

But if I have understood correctly, the server should transcode all incompatible movies so that they can played with the television?

PS: I do not use emby connect... i'am using direct an static ip or hostname to connect to the server.

FrostByte

Got it, back when I read your first post I originally was thinking 2 TVs (one local and one remote) and the remote users were having problems for some reason, but you're just testing the bitrate setting on the same TV within your network.  Your remote users will use any bitrate settings you specify from the server of course.

If the app is requesting the server to transcode your files then it "should" be transcoding it into something that's compatible with your tv.  I'll play with the bitrate setting on my tv once these silly presidential debates are over here to see if I can duplicate

Correct, the app decides what needs or doesn't need to be transcoded based on what year series your tv is (yours is 2013 F-series) and the settings you make in the app.  Basically it should DP anything your manual says it can handle and transcode the rest so that everything you throw at it plays in some form

• Like 2

FrostByte

Okay, I tested several movies last night before going to bed and was able to duplicate this error in all DTS movies.  All my movies that were AC3 or PCM transcoded and played fine with no error.

Steps

1. Set max bitrate setting real low to force transcoding

2. Play video containing DTS audio codec

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

When transcoding file containing DTS it always creates an empty .ts file which I assume is why the Render type 0 error because the files codecs are invalid (there are none).  The empty .ts files are still in the transcoding-temp folder and aren't deleted by the client after erroring

57ea3b82cf095_dts2.jpg

When transcoding file containing DTS it always creates an empty .ts file which I assume is why the Render type 0 error because the files codecs are invalid (there are none).  The empty .ts files are still in the transcoding-temp folder and aren't deleted by the client after erroring

So a server-side issue ??

FrostByte

Could be.  I don't know the server side very well for sure.  I can't find any transcoding errors in the server or transcoding logs telling me why it's creating the empty file and then stopping.  I rarely transcode anything so I'm not sure when this may have started either and I know it has worked in the past.

FrostByte

@@Ace of Space is on the latest Stable release (v2.1.3), so could try the latest Beta release (v2.2.0i).

I'm on 2.2.0i and having the issue also.  Maybe there was a change on the server?  I can try maybe forcing the bitrate on my XB1 and see if I get the same thing

Ace of Space

Hi,

with the emby theater cliient i don't have these problems. Its on my side only the Samsung Smart TV Client :(

• Like 1

FrostByte

Hi,

with the emby theater cliient i don't have these problems. Its on my side only the Samsung Smart TV Client :(

I wasn't able to duplicate it with my XB1 app either.  We'll probably have to wait for @cmcg  to get back and take a look

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

Unfortunately, it may be awhile until any changes to the older Orsay app can happen.  The others who gave so much of their time to bring this free app to us have moved on and we are currently looking for a new developer for the Orsay app. 

• Like 2