Server in An Endless Crashing Loop

Jobber8742

Jobber8742

Just started tonight. Seems to be a problem with multiple people lately with the server just randomly crashing over and over again with various issues. There are no visual error notices, Emby just shuts off without telling me anything. According to the log, mine always crashes with it tries to create an image collage for my folders. See the attached logs. How can I resolve this issue that randomly popped up and isn't allowing me to use my server? 

server-63610441221.txt

server-63610441135.txt

Interesting. Looks like potentially a native crash coming from image magick. Well for that particular library, try assigning it your own image so that the server will not attempt to create a collage. then see if it still happens with other libraries.

Jobber8742

Interesting. Looks like potentially a native crash coming from image magick. Well for that particular library, try assigning it your own image so that the server will not attempt to create a collage. then see if it still happens with other libraries.

It seems to be working now. I didn't do anything to try to fix it though. Really weird. I messed with it for about an hour before posting and it crashed at that same point about 10 times. I'll post if anything changes. 

I know ImageMagick will temporarily put files on your system drive as part of image processing, so make sure you're not out of space. Also consider running hardware diagnostics to check for any possible hardware failures.

Jobber8742

So it starting doing this again. I replaced all the image collages with static images and it's still doing it. Not every few minutes, but at least a few times a day. Here's the latest log from the crash. I ran a performance monitor on the machine with the server and the storage server I have and both passed. Would something like a failing hard drive on a storage drive cause something like this. Don't know if this is coincidence or not, but the crashing seemed to start after Windows 10 did it's last big automatic update. 

server-63610688250.txt