Live TV Problems

tjmcd.314
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

tjmcd.314

After windows anniversary update killed wmc again I decided to pull the trigger and try new options for live TV support. So far ET looks pretty good, but I am having a few issues.

my specs: windows 10 anniversary, ET 2.5.22, HDHomeRun prime (latest firmware as of 9/25/16), comcast (with cablecard), Emby server 3.0.7200.0, had LAV and vobsubfilter installed before installing ET (not sure if I need to uninstall or reinstall anything here). 

1) Pause/RW/FF of live TV doesn't seem to be working. If I hit those buttons (or use the keyboard shortcuts) either nothings happens or I get a blank screen for 10-20 seconds and then it picks up where it left off. If I use the mouse the on screen skip buttons and the time bar are grayed out and can't be clicked on. Is there something I am missing during setup to get it to start buffering?

2) Is there some way to group recorded shows by series in the recordings section? I know I could setup another TV folder and have the server automatically move my recordings and populate them with meta-data, but that seems overkill for something I will most likely watch once and then delete. I really liked the wmc setup of just having a screen capture and guide blurb, but with each show nested under it's series name. The recordings folder is exactly what I want it just doesn't nest the shows.

3) Is there a way to stop live tv and return to that channel in the guide? Pressing the guide button, or back twice, returns me to the first channel in the guide. Which means I have to scroll to get back to where I was which is midly annoying.

4) Is there a page down button for the guide, to scroll one page at a time? Pressing "page down" on the keyboard works but it leaves the cursor so to speak so that when you press up or down it skips back to where you started.

5) Is there a way to skip the program info page when selecting a channel to play? It would be nice to be able to go straight to watching from the guide.

6) Selecting forced subtitles only in the video rendering section forces live tv to be transcoded. Is there anyway around that? I haven't had time to see if all of my subtitled shows work correctly with subtitles set to off, but it seems like that is going to cause an issue at some point.

• Solution

Hi, for #1 we haven't implemented time shifting yet, but we are actively working on it. We are beginning with the built-in web app and working our way to other apps. The next release of the server will introduce this feature for the web app, and potentially a couple other apps.

For #2, please look at the built-in web app and leave your feedback on that, because ET will ultimately have exactly the same breakdown of content.

#3 - Just press back during playback and it will take you to the previous screen you were on

#4 - We aren't currently using page up/down buttons but will in the future

#5 - Does your remote have a play button? If so then that can be used as a quick shortcut to play whatever the selected content is

For #6, I will do some testing, thanks.

• Like 1

tjmcd.314

Awesome. Looks like you've answered everything for the most part. Will look for the appropriate place to put a feature request for the web app (nesting tv shows) and will check back in if you figure out why setting the subtitles is causing transcoding.

As for the transcoding I should mention again that I had previous installed directvobsub before I installed emby theater. Not sure if that is affecting it.