Subtitle ANSI marking "?" on accented characters

djhifi
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

anderbytes

@@anderbytes will be happy, thanks

Wow I would be amazed if it really works!

Old bug, you know...

I don't have much spare time.... but as this is related to subtitles, I understand that the obligation of testing it is ours (the foreign users). So I'll find a time to test : Webclient (all browsers I can), Emby Theater for Windows, Android, Kodi, DLNA (LG and Samsung TV)

@@Luke and @@solabc16

I finally got the time to test the new beta and so far it seems to work. Sorry for such a late report, I couldn't switch from stable to beta immediately as more people in my house use the synology.

Any ETA on the roll-ins?

PS: Lets really hope this gets finally fixed !!

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to help get the stable release faster is to spin up a test environment and help report issues. Thanks !

anderbytes

Strange... I installed latest beta to try this solution, but Emby never finds no subtitles.

• 1 month later...
anderbytes

Sorry for taking so long to thank for the solution, but it's the first time I use Emby to download accented subs and they are downloaded and displayed perfectly!!

Thanks a lot!

Good day James,

Well done buddy.

I do not know what magic you and Luke did, but now, emby do not freeze on me while browsing my libraries with coverart installed, well done indeed.

Only problem with collection done by auto box set plugin, the issue I explain to you before regarding left over in the xml file for old path that not there anymore, that still freeze the emby server.

I can say it to me 99% done buddy.

You doing great as always, I am sure you will nail this soon.

My best

solabc16

Hello @@Abobader

Thanks for the update, glad to hear we've now addressed the majority of the issues!

There's a lot of changes on the Emby Server side between 3.0.8500 and 3.1.2, as well as number of platform specific improvements targeted at getting things running better on Synology / XPEnology.

Regarding the 'hang', if we've now got this down to one very specific and understood issue, then perhaps (if not already) this would be the time to raise a specific topic on the subject.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16
  • Like 1

Good day James,

You are right, it time I start 2 threads one for the dlna and another one regarding the auto box set, this way we can focus more on the issue.

I will start these threads today.

My best

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
solabc16

Hello All

From the feedback received to date, this issue now appears to be resolved in the current stable releases.

i.e. 2017 releases onwards

If you experience subtitle issues, please make sure you are running the latest stable and if the issue persists, please open a new topic.

Best

- James