Multiple TV channels issue

Nomarky

Hi

I posted another thread here thinking the issue I was having was with Emby, but now I think it could be an issue with my ServerWMC setup.

When I try to view live TV in Emby it starts on the last available ServerWMC tuner, so if I want to watch another channel, or a recording starts, there are no available tuners left to satisfy the request. Is there something wrong in my setup that could cause this? I can watch and record multiple channels in WMC, so the setup works, but I'd like to get simultaneous recording and viewing working in Emby, so I can dump my WMC HTPC and just use Emby for everything.

My setup is Netstream 4sat > Server running  DVBlink software, WMC/ServerWMC and Emby. I then access Emby through clients on other devices.

Hope someone can help!

krustyreturns

This shouldn't be happening in the default configuration of serverwmc, but there are ways to change the configuration from the default values that can cause this.  I need to you post the serverwmc log so that I can see the configuration.  Even better is if you can restart serverwmc, make this tuner stealing thing happen, and then post the entire log.  You can get to the log through the 'debug' tab.

Logs attached. I was watching one tv channel on the Roku Emby app, then I started to record another channel from the Android app. Playback on the Roku stopped, and I can see from the Tuners tab in ServerWMC that the recording is using the same (last) tuner as the Roku was using.

ServerWMC.log

krustyreturns

Weird.  Well according to the log, on each of the channels you chose serverwmc is only detecting one tuner source for the channel, for example:

2016/09/25 19:38:38.447 SetChannel> Channel: 102 : BBC Two - 5DB3F4 = { (-1 : BBC TWO - 47B5) + [ 102 : BBC Two - 5DB191] }
2016/09/25 19:38:38.447 SetChannel> Tuners available for this channel: 1

To see what's going, go into wmc's tv and choose 'edit channels' then pick the channel  above (102) and choose 'edit sources'.  Let me know how many channel sources wmc shows for this channel.

So Edit Sources for Channel 102 shows two entries - DVBLink PBDA Tuner 6 + 8. Emby always uses Tuner 8.

I should add that I currently only have two of the four satellite inputs to the tuner wired up., but I can watch and record simultaneously in WMC

krustyreturns

And I can assume both tuner sources are enabled for the channel in wmc, right?  

The problem is happening because serverwmc thinks there is only one tuner.  If wmc shows there are two enabled sources for the channel, then serverwmc should see the same thing, but as I posted earlier it is saying it only sees one.  This is a new one on me.

When you have time, go into serverwmc's settings file and search for Debug_AllChannelDetail.  Change it to:

<Debug_AllChannelDetail>true</Debug_AllChannelDetail>

then save the settings file and restart serverwmc.  After serverwmc starts, post its log (no need to start a stream before posting).

Edited by krustyreturns

krustyreturns

Thanks for log.  You should turn this setting back to false when running normally since it makes the generated log file much bigger then it should be.

Looking through your log, tuner #6 isn't enabled for any of your channels, except for that weird channel 0 promo thing which has all of your tuners enabled.  I am embarrassed to say that I don't know what is going on here.  So far as I know serverwmc and wmc read the same database to find  the enabled tuners but apparently wmc is is showing you something different and I don't understand why.  

Did this tuner configuration recently change?  Is there some dvb config setting that could be influencing this?

Right now, all I can think to do is, stop serverwmc, redo the tv setup in wmc (maybe throw in a reboot for good measure) and then rerun serverwmc.  I know that is a pain, especially if you have wmc setup the way you want it, and obviously I don't know if it will work, but its all I can think of.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Stupid confession to make: I was remoting in to the wrong WMC install. I've just looked at the correct WMC (ie the one ServerWMC actually uses...) and it only had one tuner source available for each channel. Don't know why that was, I've re-run the setup and now I have two sources for each channel. So now it should work as normal.

Sorry for the hassle, but it helped me find the (my!) problem!

Thanks!