Nvidia Shield: Library Sync thread has exited (@TV Shows)

Martijn76
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Martijn76

Hi guys,

Last night was movie night and firing up the Nvidia Shield with SPMC/Kodi resulted in an error when updating the Library (about the Library Sync Thread has Exited).

Experimented with restarting Emby, rebuilding/re-adding Emby-libraries updating SPMC and eventually a total reset of the SPMC library (resulting not having any TV Shows anymore)

The error occurred at the same show/episode a couple of times, removing that show resulted in hanging on another show/episode time after time.

Can anyone help me? This used to work flawlessly :) Only thing is that I have added an extra TV Show library in Emby itself (kids)

Log is included

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Martijn

spmc.log

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@Martijn76

Are you able to update to the latest beta of Emby for Kodi? This bug has been resolved, I believe. The issue is the server started returning virtual episodes. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

Martijn76

@@Martijn76

Are you able to update to the latest beta? This bug has been resolved, I believe. The issue is the server started returning virtual episodes. Let me know.

That would be great, it's running Versie 3.0.7200.0 and saying it's the last available...

not sure how to do this (I use Emby as a docker on my UnRAID system), I'll have another look though :)

Thanks, I'll let you know if it worked

Edited by Martijn76
  • Like 1

Martijn76

Use the no side-loading method. The latest beta is hosted inside the public testing folder (version 2.2.36): https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Emby-Repositoryfl

Followed instructions and it seemed to be 'hanging' on Downloading... 4%, but after a while the status changed to 'Enabled', however it's still showing 2.2.19 (content processing did however start)

update: TV Shows seem to continue now where it previously halted

Edited by Martijn76
  • Like 1

Traxxus

Exact same issue for me, my TV Shows stopped updating a couple days ago, then it kept hanging on episodes, South Park S01E01 which I don't have (just current season), then a seemingly non-existent episode of 12 Monkeys ('Mother'?). Then would fail with Library sync exited. Resetting database after refreshing TV shows resulted in no tv shows being available at all, that sucked.

Beta did fix it, and to clarify for anyone else finding this, since the guy above mentioned the build number for Emby Server, it's the beta for the Emby for Kodi addon, not the server itself. Beta is easy to install using side loading method. 

Edited by Traxxus