Live TV issues

guppy710

Hi everyone,

I have been running Emby server on Windows Server 08R2. I have no issues watching my movies and TV shows I have ripped. However, when I try to watch live TV, I get a spiining circle like its trying to start the stream but it never goes anywhere beyond that. I have the same issue with both ET and the web client.

My live TV comes via a pair of HD Homerun Prime tuners that both appear in the configuration with no apparent issues. I have a WMC PC on my network as well and it can view live TV via the HD Homeruns without any issues.

I am at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Guppy

mellomade

Also - make sure the channels you are trying to playback are not DRM protected.  WMC will play those channels fine - but Emby will not.

Hi everyone,

Thanks you for the replys!

Luke, Attached are the requested log files......

Doofus, I looked thru your attached checklist and have completed all that was there.... I have also verified that the channels that I am trying to view are not DRM protected.

Thanks again for all your help,

Guppy

Server Log.txt

Transcode Log.txt

Check task manager on your TV PC and make sure you are not seeing a ton of ffmpeg image extractions running on your WTV files.   The latest versions say they increase the image extraction timeouts, not sure if that is at play here.. but his seems to have caused headaches for me with LiveTV using WTV files.  It winds up opening 20 instances of ffmpeg and they never seem to progress or get closed..    This has caused the PC overall to run very slowly. 

Is there anyway to edit the number of instances given to image extraction to better control it?  Thanks.

57e837cef2446_Untitled.png

Edited by SeanM

guppy710

Hi all,

I have updated the HDHomerun firmware to the beta release linked to above. I have not had any issues as of yet. I will keep everyone posted if there are any further issues.

Thanks to all for your help......

Guppy