Attempting to play live tv causes build 1236 to crash

digger11

This morning I manually upgraded ServerWMC to build 1236 as directed in this post

Now when I try to play live TV from a client it fails with the error "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

I finally realized that ServerWMC seems to die every time I start a live TV playback.  If I have the ServerWMC console active I can see that it is starting an active stream for the client, and then it pops up a "ServerWMC has stopped working" window, and exits.

The ServerWMC log file shows the following Uncaught Thread Exception at the tail of the log:

2016/09/24 15:17:37.560 Processes locking: http://192.168.2.85:5004/auto/v5
2016/09/24 15:17:37.567 Uncaught Thread Exception: System.Exception: Could not list processes locking resource. Failed to get size of result.
   at ServerWMC.Common.FileUtil.WhoIsLocking(String path)
   at ServerWMC.Worker.StreamBase.PurgeFailedClientStreams()
   at ServerWMC.Worker.Worker.<Init>b__2(Object stateObject)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

2016/09/24 15:17:37.853 Received client request: MediaBrowser^@ELITE130@|::1|GetEntries|67927|1474748257|1475353057 

192.168.2.85 is the IP address of my SiliconDust HDhomerun.

I've attached the log file.

ServerWMC.1.log

krustyreturns

Sorry about that.  Its crashing on a bit of test code that was supposed to have been deleted when we released this build.  We got rushed more then we would have liked due to the old website going down.  I will put up a fix that takes care of it so you can get going.  I'll let you know when its up.

I am curious why it fails on your system.  Is it running under a standard user account?  Or an admin account?

krustyreturns

The build is up now.  Set serverwmc to download 'Preview' updates (see updates tab).  The version is 1237.  Thanks.

I am curious why it fails on your system.  Is it running under a standard user account?  Or an admin account?

On this particular system it is running as a standard user account.  I did think about that being a problem, and did exit ServerWMC and ran it as an administrator.  That didn't seem to make any difference.

The build is up now.  Set serverwmc to download 'Preview' updates (see updates tab).  The version is 1237.  Thanks.

I updated to 1237 and it's not crashing anymore, but although ServerWMC shows an active stream to my client, all I see on the client is a spinning circle.

I don't see anything obvious in the log, so I'm not sure where to go next.

ServerWMC.log

On this particular system it is running as a standard user account.  I did think about that being a problem, and did exit ServerWMC and ran it as an administrator.  That didn't seem to make any difference.

I updated to 1237 and it's not crashing anymore, but although ServerWMC shows an active stream to my client, all I see on the client is a spinning circle.

I don't see anything obvious in the log, so I'm not sure where to go next.

Hi, the best thing to do is provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

krustyreturns

@@digger11

In the swmc log you posted, serverwmc is returning dlna live streams to emby - strangely the area of the log were swmc prints its startup configuration dlna is not turned on.  Did you mean to run dlna?  

I was having the exact same problem. Updated to 1.0.0.61 Build 1237, then unchecked the DLNA box from the ServerWMC Live TV tab and all is working for me now. :)