Gamebrowser trying to mount Dolphin Wii .ISOs - doesn't play

onlinespending

onlinespending

I am using the latest Media Browser Classic on Windows 8.1 x64 with the latest Game Browser plugin installed (have tried latest Release and Dev versions). Have everything setup correctly as per the guides (adding D:\Games as my root "Games" folder, D:\Games\Wii as a Wii folder in the GB3 server plugin, and adding an entry for Dolphin under MBC), but when I go to choose a game within Media Browser it first complained that ISO Mounting was not setup properly. This was due to the fact that it was trying to launch Daemon Tools which I hadn't installed. I have since installed it, but that's not going to solve this issue. Dolphin doesn't want the .ISO images mounted. It reads them directly. So why is Media Browser / Game Browser trying to mount these games?

As a workaround I tried compressing one of my .ISOs to .GCZ within Dolphin, but it looks like the Game Browser doesn't detect that extension yet. I do see from the Github comments that this .GCZ was added a couple of months ago. Is there any way to use a more recent build of Game Browser?

Edited by onlinespending

shaefurr

What version of GB3 are you running?

I dont have WMC on this machine so I cant help much, but isnt there an option in the MBC config to enable/disable ISO mounting, is that enabled? You are right though you dont need deamon tools or to mount the iso for dolphin, must be a setting somewhere making it try to mount the iso.

Is you wii switch --exec="rom"?

Also you can try .wbfs for wii, though it should work fine with ISO and im sure you can get it resolved without changing over all your game formats

onlinespending

I've tried both the latest Release and Dev versions of GB3 plugin through the latest MB Server. I believe older versions of the GB plugin in MB Configurator allowed changing the ISO mounting option, but I don't see that with the latest version. Originally I had my games in "D:\Video Games\" and I have a sneaking suspicion that the space or the fact that Video was in the path somehow confused MB. I'm trying to do a fresh install of MB and GB and see what happens.

And yeah I am using that Wii command line switch.

Edited by onlinespending

onlinespending

OK doing a fresh install did in fact fix my problems. I really think there is a bug related to the fact that I set my Games path to "D:\Video Games" before.