Emby DLNA not appear on TV media center

mcgyver83

mcgyver83

I'm running emby in an openmediavault instance on a raspberry pi2.
I turned up my 2  tv, an LG LF590V and a Panasonic AS650.

Both are recognized in the cast menu (together with "My devices" obviously).

When I try to browse DLNA server from both Emby DLNA doesn't appear. If I start minidlna this shows up quickly in the TVs menu.
I set "Blast alive messages" at 30sec, "Enable Dlna server" is checked and also "Enable DLNA Play To"..
What's happen?

attached the log after a server restart

server-63583820979.txt

Hi, your log is from a really old version. Are you sure or did you just update today?

As far as what the issue might be, I have an LG for testing which works fine. I do not have a panasonic. But a server log from the time of the attempt might help tell us how far in process it got.

mcgyver83

You mean the version I see in the Admin page is old or the log looks like coming from an old version?
How can I update?
Usually I update the LINK line there "/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/emby" using the last version taken there "https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/tags" and run the update.
Is it right?

Edited by mcgyver83

mcgyver83

a week ago.
I did it again now with version 3.1.164.
Tomorrow I'm going to truncate the log, restart the server with dlna enabled and post again the log.

Happy2Play

Not sure how you have logs this old but you posted a log from 2015.

2015-11-22 20:29:39.5619 Info - App: Application version: 3.0.5781.2

Edited by Happy2Play

No news?

Right now i"m unable to reproduce the problem with all of my test devices, including an LG, sorry.

No because that's related to remote control. We were probably trying to query playback status and it failed.

Perhaps you can do some wireshark investigation to compare the stable and beta releases and find out what's missing? thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
rafivanatv

Hi,

I'm experiencing similar problem with my LG LB730V TV.

On clean start of Emby Server, LG DLNA client (SmartShare) sees EMBY as DLNA resource and it can play a file without a problem. However, after I  press "go back to file listing" or "play next item" buttons, the Emby server disapears from the list of available DLNA resources.

I can still choose from the Emby Android app to cast a file to the LG TV, but can't use the Smart Share LG app to browse the directories.

Funny thing is if I restart Emby Server,  Emby DLNA resource shows again in the listings of DLNA devices.
It's like a one-time-play, and afterward I have to restart Emby.

Looking in the logs, I found errors (partial log attached ).

This problem started to happen for me since version 3.0.8100.

Might it be with the rework of UPNP discovery?

P.S.  All files are played with Direct Play, no transcoding

partialServerLog.txt

• 2 weeks later...
psxlover

Same problem here, the TV does not display the Emby server.

Running "3.1.6147.6525 dev" on a netbook. My TV is an LG NetCast model.

(Note that it still displays my main server that is on Version 3.0.5972.0 due to the bug with greek subtitles I'm experiencing with versions > 5983.)

Edited by psxlover

psxlover

Quick update on this. My desktop (Windows 7) is showing up in the TV even when using version 8400. My netbook (Windows 10) wont show up if I use any version >= 8000.

psxlover

Trying the latest beta (btw where is the option to choose which update channel to use? I had to apply it manually), the DLNA server is not showing up in my TV when running it on my Windows 7 desktop.

Happy2Play

Trying the latest beta (btw where is the option to choose which update channel to use? I had to apply it manually), the DLNA server is not showing up in my TV when running it on my Windows 7 desktop.

It was removed, now if you want to change versions you have to use the installer.  Too many people bouncing between versions and getting stuck on old versions do to versioning numbers.

example if I am on beta (3.1.200.0) and downgrade to stable (3.0.8400.0) I would never get updates because my versioning in stable isn't a higher number.

Edited by Happy2Play

psxlover

Tnx for the info. Would have preferred it if it just installed the latest version on a particular channel as soon as you changed update channel, instead of this.