Video playback stops before end of videos

oxidius

Dibbes

Ok, if you have the latest beta server, just restart the app and this will be available for testing. thanks.

For the moment it seems to play to the end (A very big thank you for that), however a new issue just popped up. Resume doesn't seem to work anymore. 

I can reproduce this behaviour with various video files. Play the video for a few minutes (no matter if this is 5min or more than 10min), go back to the main menu, find the video again and press resume. The file will play for about 5sec and then stop. 

When playing the file from the beginning and the skip forward to the time you stopped previously, it plays fine.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6x8rceyae8ee09/Server%20%26%20FFMPEG-Remux.zip?dl=0

The file used to generate this log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcybkhr1l0nuegc/the.expanse.s02e09.1080p.web.x264-heat.mkv?dl=0

If you need, I can give you access to my emby-server directly.

KeyserSoze1

For the moment it seems to play to the end (A very big thank you for that), however a new issue just popped up. Resume doesn't seem to work anymore. 

I can reproduce this behaviour with various video files. Play the video for a few minutes (no matter if this is 5min or more than 10min), go back to the main menu, find the video again and press resume. The file will play for about 5sec and then stop. 

When playing the file from the beginning and the skip forward to the time you stopped previously, it plays fine.

Force stopping the app and re-opening also allows you to resume.  Probably easier to start from the beginning and seek to where you want to go though.

Dibbes

It seems this is resolved in 3.2.12.0 as well :)

Nice!!!

lordCONAN

The problem has mostly been solved for me, how ever it still happens if you have a multiple videos in the same series. Let's say I have 5 unwatched episodes of The Family Guy. I play the first one, and it will play fine until about 10 minutes before the end and then go straight to the next episode. That episode might play for 20 minutes, 5 minutes, or a few seconds, before skipping to the next episode, and so on. Which leads me to believe it is a problem with the play up next feature.

corey

The problem has mostly been solved for me, how ever it still happens if you have a multiple videos in the same series. Let's say I have 5 unwatched episodes of The Family Guy. I play the first one, and it will play fine until about 10 minutes before the end and then go straight to the next episode. That episode might play for 20 minutes, 5 minutes, or a few seconds, before skipping to the next episode, and so on. Which leads me to believe it is a problem with the play up next feature.

I've never observed this behavior when watching a series which I've been doing quite a bit over the last few months. I took a quick look at the up next code and nothing is jumping out at me here.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I have been using Plex until last week and decided to swap and subscribe to Emby due to playback issues that I had with 4K Video which works perfectly in Emby. However I have started to experience the same issue as other users mentioned in this post. Some of my videos stop up to a minute before the end of the show. I have looked through the forums in order to find a solution and could not find any. I am using the latest version of Emby on AppleTV 4K. Also it usually does not play the consecutive video in the series but plays only the first couple of seconds and jumps to the next episode. 

(I turned auto-play off) in order to fix it. 

Edited by MilanV

@@MilanV so you're saying that with auto play turned off this doesn't happen?

Pretty sure that was a separate issue and his original issue is the HLS segmenting problem.

in the mean time I restarted the server, re-installed the Emby Apple TV app and disabled the "Auto Play next episode" and it works as intended as the last 3 episodes played until the very last second and did not stop prematurely and jump to the next episode. (I had to finish the remaining 30 seconds on my computer as scrolling to the end on Apple TV did not fix it)

So if I had a guess I think the auto-play was the culprit, but I honestly am not sure.

I only installed Emby 3 days ago for the very first time and noticed it yesterday. (I was binge watching a show which consisted of 25 min episodes and it happened every episode).

It is working now, if it happens again I will let you know.

I really don't think the auto play was related.

Try re-playing the same item that exhibited the problem the first time and try seeking about half way through and then letting it play to the end.