Kodi Movie Covers Corrupted

SilentASSassN

SilentASSassN

Been using Emby Theater since it's release and finally decided to make the move to Kodi. I've installed the emby addon, done the initial sync of all my media, and have to say it looks gorgeous. Only problem I have is that a good chunk of my Movie posters and other artwork is not showing correctly when browsing the movie library in Kodi. It's as if the artwork half-loaded up and I can't figure how to get it to refresh or if that would even fix it. See attached.

Any clue why this is happening? Or, how I can fix this?

Let me know if you need any additional information from me or on my setup.

Thanks in advance!

post-1883-0-63770600-1474509841_thumb.png

Angelblue05

That's the first time I ever see this. Try the following: Try replacing the poster in the webclient for one of the title that doesn't display correctly. Does it fix the poster in Kodi? If so, I would probably try re-caching your artwork by launching the emby add-on in Kodi > Cache artwork. The process takes a little time. Keep me posted. Also make sure you still have disk space.

@@SilentASSassN did you get the issue resolved?

Edited by Angelblue05

This has happened to me to, 2 or 3 times this happens also during a cache artwork, i suspect it has something to with bandwith but its just a theory.

reset library seems to help

Angelblue05

It's not an Emby for Kodi issue. If artwork was missing, then yes it would be. But artwork being corrupted in Kodi, but not server side seems like something happening with Kodi or the device it's installed on. Check the storage, because when a reset is done, we wipe the thumbnails folder clean if you say yes to removing cached artwork, which is what takes up the most space. This would explain why the reset helps.