Problem with Home Video/Photos subfolders

DancingMan
Go to solution Solved by DancingMan,

DancingMan

Let me start by saying I'm not at home, so I can't provide screen shots right now. :)

I'm running Emby beta 3.1.159.

I have a HomeVideo/Photo library named PicsVids.  The folder structure is:

Library PicsVids

Folder Year 1

Folder Event 1

Folder Event 2

Folder Year 2

Folder Event 1

Folder Event 2

Folder Year 3

Folder Event 1

Folder Event 2

Folder Year 4

Folder Event 1

Folder Event 2

Inside each year, there are subfolders for different events (Christmas, Halloween, a concert, etc.), and some of the years also have miscellaneous pictures & videos that don't fit into any particular event.

Here's the issue: if any folder has only 1 video in it (but multiple pictures and subfolders), clicking on that folder just opens that video's details page.  For example: If Year 2 Event 2 has 1 video and 20 pictures, when I click on the Year 2 Event 2 folder it only goes to that video's details page.  Or if Year 4 has 1 video, 30 pictures, and 10 event subfolders, when I click on the Year 4 folder it just opens the details page for that 1 video... none of the other content in that folder is reachable.  If there are no videos or multiple videos in a folder, then that folder opens as you would expect to show the next level.

Edited by DancingMan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
DancingMan

I'm currently running 3.1.183.0 beta... the folders here seem to be working now!  Not sure what version fixed it, but it's all good now!  Thanks guys - great job as always!!

DancingMan

My pleasure!

Just noticed one other slight issue:  If I have a folder with one video and a bunch of pictures and/or other folders in it, that one video is listed with the name of the folder.  For example, I have a folder "2015"; inside it are a bunch of folders for events (a friend's birthday, a vacation, a concert, etc) and one video named "Anabelle.mp4".  When I go into the 2015 folder, I see all of the subfolders correctly but that video shows as named "2015".  Also, under "2014" I have a folder named "Josh Groban Concert" with a bunch of pictures and a video "20140820_203346.mp4"; but when I go into the "Josh Groban Concert" folder that one video shows as named "Josh Groban Concert".

Edited by DancingMan