High CPU Usage when idle on 3.0.7200.0

curtisghanson

curtisghanson

Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing unusually high CPU usage on 3.0.7200? It started on 3.0.71 but has not gone away since. It is extremely high even when nothing is going on, no users accessing the system, no scheduled tasks running, and no hung processes or transcodings found using 'ps aux |grep emby'.

Here is a screenshot of htop:

57e2a4edb7292_Screenshotfrom201609210812

As you can see from the log, no activity is being logged. The only entries are me viewing the web interface. Anyone got any ideas?

Mono Sgen: 4.4.2.11/f72fe45

Ubuntu: 14.04.5 LTS

emby-server-log.txt

Hi all,

I'm running Ubuntu server 16.04 and im seeing the same thing CPU and Memory are high when the server is at idle, and all my tasks are set for 3am and no one is connected.

i'm running is Version 3.0.7200.0 and i only have 2 plugin set up the Kodi queue and pushbullet.

DLNA and Auto-Ogabize is off

so I'm running only minimum items.

Happy to provide log file if needed.

57ecadc05d9f8_Capture.png

Edited by Servman

I'm also now getting this on Fedora - 100% CPU usage for no apparent reason; no ffmpeg processes, no plugins apart from the Kodi Sync Queue plugin and no scheduled tasks running. It's really annoying as it's causing the fans to go full throttle on my server which is very loud. 

As above happy to provide logs if necessary in order to get this sorted.

Happy2Play

Do you get the same results if you disable Realtime Monitoring?  Dashboard-Library-click on each library to disable option

Same problem with openSUSE - server does nothing but mono-sgen uses 100% CPU...

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear about your issue. In order for us to best help you with this, please provide the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks !

Happy2Play

Same problem with openSUSE - server does nothing but mono-sgen uses 100% CPU...

Do you get the same results if you disable Realtime Monitoring?  Dashboard-Library-click on each library to disable option

curtisghanson

Sorry it took me so long to get back on this issue. I had to go through each of my plugins one by one to see which caused it (run one plugin for a day or two, then restart running another...). So, for me it turns out it was the MB Bookshelf plugin, not sure what's happening since there's nothing in the logs. It only occurs when it's installed. But, as @@Happy2Play suggested, it might not be the cause, maybe it's affected by something else.

Anyway, I'll keep watching my server and if it comes back, I'll try disabling the realtime monitoring.

Servman

Hi All,

Something i have also notice on my Ubuntu Server 16.04 that when emby uses Ram it holds on to it and does not release the Ram or some times the CPU.

i have also attached my log file.

emby-server.log

tobedeleted

Using 3.0.7300, I still have the problem that my picture library and my home video library are always rescanned as Emby recognizes every single item in it as new. Most files, however, haven't been touched in years.

TV shows, music and movie drawers seemingly don't have this issue.

As my photo management software also scans exactly these directories for changes, I only can guess that this scan is somehow recognized by Emby as a "modification" (which it definitely isn't).

The process eating CPU in this case isn't mono-sgen, but "Main", so it might be a different issue.

I'm currently running version 3.0.7300 and im still see at idle 5.0% of CPU used and 5.0% - 7..5% some time i see it at 10.0% and its not processing anything.

As a test, can you please try removing all plugins and seeing if the issue persists with the core server? thanks !

Hi @@Luke,

Sorry i have gotten back to you sooner.

I have remove all plugins and i have restarted the Emby service and it is still show the below when it is at idle.

post-158117-0-11599200-1476913588_thumb.png

Regards

Then it is probably processing something. Please provide the server log. Also disable the real-time monitor. Then you can also go to scheduled tasks and remove the schedule for all scheduled tasks.

That log only contains the startup sequence. It is normal for there to be some cpu usage during this time.

Hi @@Luke,

I completely understand that, it is normal to have a spike and start up and shutdown, but it is always  at  5.0% CPU and 5.0% ram  and i have have seen it higher then that at idle even after start up. and  it has been running for 2 or 6 hours

if i compare this to plex when i was using it it  only use CUP and ram when it was doing something  besides that it would not show up on list on my Ubuntu server 16.04

Regards

Edited by Servman

Hi @@Luke,

I have had the Emby Server running for about 2 hours and it is running at 5.3% CPU and 7.9% Ram

i have re setup the task all form 12am to 6:30am so their is nothing currently running now and its just at idle and no ones is using it.

post-158117-0-31193300-1476920000_thumb.png

Please also see log file attached.

emby-server.zip

Regards

Happy2Play

Emby will always use Ram but shouldn't always be using CPU.  Have you tried disabling Real Time Monitoring? Dashboard-Library-select each library