Transcoding RecordedTv to Theater Windows 10 Client

bungee91
Go to solution Solved by bungee91,

bungee91

Maybe this is a setting I need to set, however was surprised to see this was happening by default.

I have the following set in SWMC:

Enable http host service

Use URLS instead of SMB/UNC paths for Live TV (recommended)

I don't have the following set in SWMC:

Use URLS instead of SMB/UNC paths for Recorded TV playback, as it isn't (recommended) and tells me I cannot FF a recording (which doesn't work anyhow with it unset).

Theater client is a wired connection, on the same LAN, clean Windows 10 install, I believe the default EVR and auto settings for playback.

Logs/screenshots attached.

Looking at the log it seems to be related to this:

2016-09-20 21:12:44.9526 Info App: Cannot direct play due to unknown content bitrate
2016-09-20 21:12:44.9526 Info App: Cannot direct play due to unknown content bitrate
2016-09-20 21:12:44.9526 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: /RecTV/Fixer Upper_HGTVD_2016_09_20_13_00_01.wtv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: False, isEligibleForDirectStream: False

This is also (likely) causing the issues that I'm having not being able to skip or FF, and also, no file end time/duration for the file is shown also.

Any/all input is appreciated, I think I've almost got this all setup correctly.  :)

Emby Server Log - Transcoding RecTv.txt

post-131141-0-93109600-1474462856_thumb.png

post-131141-0-32811200-1474462857_thumb.png

RecTv Playback Transcoding - Emby.txt

ServerWMC.1.log

ServerWMC_20160920.log

Edited by bungee91

• Solution
bungee91

Fixed!  (You guys aren't a chatty bunch, huh?!).  :ph34r:

For others experiencing this issue, or other issues related to this (the following fixed my transcoding issue, my lack of FF/skip issue, AND the duration/ends at missing issue!).

Searching through the forum for this issue "Cannot direct play due to unknown content bitrate" lead me to this thread detailing the fix https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34121-question-about-video-playback/

As instructed I deleted the refreshinfo.db file, and ran a manual library scan.

After doing this ALL of the previously missing metadata (chapters, some info) all populated!

Attempt to playback file (in Theater), spinning circle, no playing..  :(

However the log clearly stated the previous issue was gone (no more "Cannot direct play due to unknown content bitrate"), and directplay was true. However, it just sat there.

Tried in the web client, it transcoded the file (as expected considering codecs), and the data was also there.

So I looked around and found this thread https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31119-just-a-spinning-circle/ where someone asked if bitstreaming was set?.

It was, set to HDMI, but in my testing I'm using 2 speaker stereo speakers.

Set this to "None" under audio settings, attempted playback, worked perfectly, no more transcoding and "Direct Playing" displayed on the Manage server dashboard! 

I think all my issues are now fixed, and this is working as expected...  :D

Edit: This also fixed my channel logo's missing.. That's quite the fixing! 

Edited by bungee91