Library Sync Thread Has Exited ! Duplicated Series

MALLINDER

MALLINDER

So have installed the latest beta emby and titan skin, and I get the thred has exited. But think I have found the problem, if I have a library with say "lucifier" season 1 in it saved as a box set and in my recorded tv library I have recorded an episode of the new season of lucifier I get thread has exited. If I remove one of the lucifier folders from either boxsets or recorded tv it will continue to scan until it hits the next box set that I am currently recording a new season of.

Any help would be great

Oh and using kodi 17 krypton

Edited by MALLINDER

MALLINDER

Sorry forgot about the log, as soon as I get chance to repeat the error (I removed all duplicates and its scanning all my files so far) I will upload the logs.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It only pools series that have the same tvdb id, under the same Emby library which follows the server logic. It's not something that will be optional for consistency. If you don't want pooling to happen, don't put the same series under the same library.

I think what happened in your case is that your duplicate series were already imported into the Kodi database, that's why you are getting this error. To fix your issue, you don't need to remove your duplicates. Just reset your local database and let your content re-sync. It should be good to go from then on. Thanks for helping test this. I will add a reminder when we release stable in the near future.

Edited by Angelblue05

MALLINDER

Thanxs for the quick replie but may need a bit more help, I reset the local database, kodi then restarted. When it started the scan it exited in the exact same place ?? So I reset the database, cleared cache and what ever else it asked, after restart logged back in and then it exited.

Angelblue05

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Can you provide the new log from after the reset? Also, tell me a bit more about your Chicago PD series (it seems to get stuck on it), you have more than one, correct? And are they in the same library?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MALLINDER

I used chicago pd as a sample to recreate the error. Have tried it with a few other series as well. So If i use chicago pd as the example but the same happens for all series. I have a library called boxsets where my boxsets are stored say season 1-3 then I have a recorded tv when a a new episode of chicago pd starts say season 4 it will go into the recorded tv library (two seperate libraries). Emby recognises this and has no problem showing chicago pd season 1-3 in my boxsets libraries and the new series 4 in my recorded tv library. Kodi crashes on the second time it tries to read chicago pd either from recorded tv or from boxsets. If I remove one of the chicago pd folders either from recorded tv or from the boxsets the scan will complete. Put it back in after a scan and kodi will exit.kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok thanks for the information, will look to recreate on my side. I'll let you know once I have something for you to test.

MALLINDER

Ok so been checking the server side and have noticed that the content type had been set to inherit, changed both the parent folders of both chicago pd folders to tv and kodi went straight through the scan. So hopefully thats the problem, my next question is how do i do this for an entire library ? Like the boxsets library so I can fully test it ?

Angelblue05

Interesting... It should be fine using inherit if the tvshows are part of the tv library and not something like mixed content. I'm not at my computer right now, but don't change everything just yet...

MALLINDER

Not a problem, bot libraries are classed as TV as they only have series in them. Oh and changing inheriit to tv did allow the scan to complete but now chicago pd is coming up as a completly different show.. DOH !!

Edited by MALLINDER
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I used chicago pd as a sample to recreate the error. Have tried it with a few other series as well. So If i use chicago pd as the example but the same happens for all series. I have a library called boxsets where my boxsets are stored say season 1-3 then I have a recorded tv when a a new episode of chicago pd starts say season 4 it will go into the recorded tv library (two seperate libraries). Emby recognises this and has no problem showing chicago pd season 1-3 in my boxsets libraries and the new series 4 in my recorded tv library. Kodi crashes on the second time it tries to read chicago pd either from recorded tv or from boxsets. If I remove one of the chicago pd folders either from recorded tv or from the boxsets the scan will complete. Put it back in after a scan and kodi will exit.attachicon.gifkodi.log

Thanks for the info, I was able to reproduce the issue. I'm looking to fix it right now, and will keep you posted.

Edited by Angelblue05