Unhandled exception error

mattpwill
Go to solution Solved by mattpwill,

mattpwill

Hi

I'm having a problem with the latest version at the time of writing (this is my first venture into MediaBrowser 3 so I don't know if other versions would have had the same problem as well) of MediaBrowser 3 Server not starting up and giving the error "Unhandled exception: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

I completely uninstalled MediaBrowser 2, and installed the MediaBrowser 3 Server. I also tried it on a laptop that had no MediaBrowser ever installed on it but it had exactly the same problem. Please could you help?

Thank you

Matt

that can happen once in a while if you're restarting the server frequently. windows sometimes takes several minutes to release the ip bindings. just wait a little while and try again, or reboot.

mattpwill

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't mention it, but I had tried rebooting and reinstalling but got the same error on installation. I have just tried keeping MediaBrowser 3 Server installed and rebooting and then running it, but still get the same error

Edited by mattpwill

So we're being denied access to the port then. Maybe you have another program using it. There was also another time i debugged a similar issue and the person turned out to have malware on their machine preventing any program from being able to gain access to a port.

mattpwill

I have other programs that work as servers, including the Remoteless (an iPhone app) server, and MonkeyMote (another iPhone app) server. I had tried closing them both but still got the error with MediaBrowser 3 Server.

I just tried turning off Windows Firewall as well and it still doesn't start.

I had also tried disabling Avast antivirus

Could it be anything to do with the router?

Edited by mattpwill

• Solution
mattpwill

I've found the cause of the problem. It was the service of Ma-Config, a driver updater. Thanks again for your quick response

• Like 1