Favorites - hide categories with no items?

tp546
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I don't use audio or books for one user and another is strictly set up for movies, so having the other favorites there with nothing in them is a waste - would it be possible to add a setting to hide categories that are empty?

• 1 year later...
Tester

This option is no longer working on my main system.

On my main server based system, I had a single profile set up for MBC.  At that time the option worked and all I saw was a single populated folder.

Since that time I created 2 new profiles and deleted the original working profile.  With the 2 new profiles, all folders now show up under favorites regardless of the Hide Empty Folders setting.

Interesting to note, I just also set up another system running WMC along with MBC.  That system is also using the 2 new profiles but is properly only showing the populated folder.

I checked all the MBC settings from one system to the other and they are exactly the same.

Server 3.0.5582.0

MBC 3.0.262.0

This option doesn't exist in the config pages on 262.  It will be implemented at the server level.

Tester

Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying but I can assure you that the option does exist.  It shows up on both my systems and only works on one of the two.

I will verify again later today all version #s and include screenshots.

• 4 weeks later...
Tester

Server 3.0.5607.1

Local MBC 3.0.266.0

Remote MBC 3.0.266.0

Auto Enter Single Item Folder Checked on both systems

Legacy Browsing/Show Favorties Checked on both systems

Cover Flow view on both systems

Xenon/Classic tested on both systems

As I stated before, option is only working on the remote system and not the local.

As far as I can see all the settings are the same, just a different system.

Any ideas why it works on one system and not the other ? 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Select the "Hide Empty Folders" option in the MBC config.

sorry just created a new user and can't seem to find this setting - what heading is it under?

This option doesn't exist in the config pages on 262.  It will be implemented at the server level.

Sorry, not sure I understand. So there is a way to do it at the server level? Or there will be in the future?

MrWebsmith

not yet.. im hoping that it ends up being added at some point... this makes the most sense at the server level than having each client do their own implementation of it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...