TV images not displaying

miethos

Hopefully one of the experts can help me here. I just upgraded the Emby server to the currently supported package on my ds415+, from the previous work around method (installing mono, ffdshow) etc. Previously all the metadata downloaded and displayed just fine, but since the upgrade movie metadata has downloaded and displays fine, but I get no images for TV episodes.

Any thoughts? I've tried removing the TV folder and readding, as well as doing a refresh of all metadata with no luck

Hi Luke,

I've never had images in the folders,and it was working fine prior to the update to the officially supported package. It looks like all the written metadata has downloaded properly from TVDB ( descriptions, actors etc), and under metadata manager it shows that all the logos, backgrounds etc have been found and downloaded, however when I go into the dashboard and into TV all I get is (see picture). 

Thanks

post-68305-0-84238200-1474380681_thumb.jpg

The old install was probably a year old. I have done a regular library scan with the same result. As well as selecting each show and doing a manual refresh, with replace all metadata checked, still nothing. 

Just sent in my logs via the SSH instructions. I wasn't aware of the migration utility, so it was a fresh install using my existing media. Logs sent under sendlogs_DS415_synology_avoton_415+_20160921T011612UTC.tgz 

Thanks for the assist, it's really got my stumped. I'm thinking it's an issue with the TVDB fetcher, but not sure.

Edited by miethos

solabc16

Hello @@miethos

For reference, the article on migration is on the Wiki here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Migrating-From-the-Community-Package

Have you checked that the correct permissions (i.e. R/W) have been granted to the 'embysvr' user, for all media directories you have added to the library?

There's a reference setup walthrough here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Setting-Up-Your-Media-Library-Share

- James

Yep, permissions are granted. I have all media on a generic shared volume with subdirectories for TV, movies etc with read/write access given to the Emby server for the root directory.

Odd thing is the metadata for the movie folder is working perfectly, it's only for the TV series where no images are displaying.

Thanks for the link for the migration tool. Since I've already uninstalled the community package would there be any value in running it at this point?

Thanks again for the help

solabc16

Hello @@miethos

If the community package has been uninstalled, then we're past the point where the migration tool would be of use, not a problem though.

I've had a look through the logs, and the one thing that stands out is almost all image requests to www.thetvdb.com receive a "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."

This happens 1,344 times between 2016-09-19 11:38:16.2234 and 2016-09-20 17:58:44.5578.

Now this does happen from time to time, due to rate limiting and other factors; it's certainly not unusual to see 'a few' of these in the log.

How big is your TV library? Are you using any other tools to gather metadata?

FYI, release 3.0.7200 is available. If you haven't already updated, simply go to Package Center in DSM and click update.

- James

• Like 1