Amazon echo with Emby?

Guest asrequested

I would love to test the solution. I'm not a developer, but I can modify the settings that I have to point to the internal server if it gets developed.

I kind of control Emby with Alexa.

I have the Emby addon for Kodi, and the I followed the instructions on how to control Kodi with Alexa

http://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-control-your-kodi-media-center-with-an-amazon-echo/

As it is, it not user friendly to do, but once it is setup, it is interesting, I can play/pause, request a specific movie or tv show, ask about the latest movies or shows.

One thing that I like is that since this works on Kodi, it kind of becomes a universal solution that would work on most devices, except anything by Apple. 

There's a Kodi addon for the Amazon Echo

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258165

Edited by T800

• 1 month later...

I wish I could get my hands in an echo.

To import an echo to Canada right now: CAD:450.00

To import Google Home: CAD 350.00

Both companies say there might be extra import charges when it arrives too.

But the good news is that Amazon just branched into Toronto CA which is literally only about twenty minutes from where I live. So hopefully echo will be released here very soon.

Guest asrequested

I wish I could get my hands in an echo.

To import an echo to Canada right now: CAD:450.00

To import Google Home: CAD 350.00

Both companies say there might be extra import charges when it arrives too.

But the good news is that Amazon just branched into Toronto CA which is literally only about twenty minutes from where I live. So hopefully echo will be released here very soon.

I'm surprised that they haven't, already.  I'm going to put it through it's paces, today. But so far, it's very responsive.

MrWebsmith

i love our echo.. we're getting a dot soon to connect to a sonos speaker in a different area... i'd be able to help test this @@chef if you get anything put together..

CBers

we're getting a dot soon to connect to a sonos speaker in a different area

How ?? Why ?? What for ??

I'm waiting for the Google Home device to be launched.

I would love to do one more thing with the echo is also going the other, ask the echo to play the music stored in my Emby collection.

I don't think it is possible to create those kind of skills yet

Guest asrequested

I would love to do one more thing with the echo is also going the other, ask the echo to play the music stored in my Emby collection.

I don't think it is possible to create those kind of skills yet

That's what I was referring to, in my original post. That guy had done that with plex, and I thought/hoped it could be done with Emby.

• 1 month later...
Magnus33

That's what I was referring to, in my original post. That guy had done that with plex, and I thought/hoped it could be done with Emby.

You can forget that idea he was hired by plex to make it for them.

After 18 months they say its almost ready but nothing some out and this is almost certainly because they are trying to make it work with plex pass only.

Plex as gotten full of itself and has no communication with its users on any level which is unheard of for a company of any size.

They been pushing onto platforms as fast as they can at the cost of stability and adding new features to plex pass only as bugs are ignored.

These things could be ignored when it was the only kid on the block but those days have long since passed and they could easily seriously hurt in the business department if someone else developed intergration with the echo platforum for their server and left it free.

Frankly if it does get running on plex they its likely going to have serious issues.

Skills by their nature must remain free so locking it into plexpass only would have to be done in the plex code which already runs on a outdated api.