Cannot avoid music transcoding when trying to direct stream

Andy777

Emby (server or the plugin) insists on transcoding all music files when trying to direct stream.

In plugin Beta 2.2.30 on Jarvis 16.1 I have the following settings:

* Playback Mode: Addon

* Enable Music library: On

* Direct stream music library: On

* Play from HTTP instead of SMB: On

Server is beta branch 3.1.156.0 

The bitrate limits on both Kodi-plugin and the server are way up (100 Mbps). 

Most of my library are 160Kbps .mp3 files that I have ripped my self. Kodi plays them fine as such, but when using Emby with the above settings, they get transcoded to 128Kbps .mp3 files.

How can I avoid transcoding the music if the bitrate is way below the limits and Kodi is able to direct stream it unmodified?

BR,

Andy777

Edit: Attached transcoding log. Server log doesn't show any messages about need to transcode.

ipmasked_ffmpeg-transcode-4d215c0c-cc56-4c89-ae65-d03df0461b4d - Copy.txt

Edited by Andy777

Angelblue05

I forgot to add a parameter to the direct stream url - ?static=true, this will be available in the next beta version and should hopefully resolve this issue. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: This is now available in the beta version 2.2.34

Let me know if it works correctly. You will need to repair your music library to apply the changes.

I will review the internal/external access for music tomorrow.

Edited by Angelblue05

I forgot to add a parameter to the direct stream url - ?static=true, this will be available in the next beta version and should hopefully resolve this issue. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: This is now available in the beta version 2.2.34

Let me know if it works correctly. You will need to repair your music library to apply the changes.

I will review the internal/external access for music tomorrow.

Great!

Unfortunately I have "library thread sync exited" with 2.2.34. I'll report with logs in a separate thread.

BR,

Andy777