What's the "Correct" Linux Recorded Tv Path in Emby Docker?

bungee91
Go to solution Solved by bungee91,

bungee91

So.......... I've tried lots of things only to get this wrong and am tired of banging my head.

Here's the setup:

Emby Server Docker on UnRAID.

ServerWMC on the same LAN in a Win8.1VM (The VM part makes no difference, it'd be just like on a separate computer).

The path to my Recorded Tv folder is set appropriately in SWMC in Win 8.1 as \\RECROOM_WMC\Recorded TV

This folder is shared with "everyone" and the proper credentials (supposedly only for Kodi) are also set in SWMC.

In the Emby SWMC plugin you're supposed to set the Linux 'Recorded TV' path: 

And it states that: "For Emby running on Linux, WMC's 'recorded tv' share needs to be mounted and the linux path to this directory needs to be entered here."

I've tried the default  \\RECROOM_WMC\Recorded TV in this section, and it fails to playback on my Android clients.
The log shows (as an example):
file:\RECROOM_WMC\Recorded TV/Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives_FOODHD_2016_09_17_18_00_05.wtv: No such file or directory

From what I understand and what this states, the location needs to be "mounted".

So do I need to put something like:

"smb://username:password@RECROOM_WMC/Recorded TV

Or just smb://RECROOM_WMC/Recorded TV

Or just the IP address/folder.

Or pass this to the Docker (I don't think this is it), and then just use whatever that is passed to the Docker as (I could call it likely whatever, and point it to the smb share).

I see this message in the LiveTv tab in the manage server window:

Unavailable (Recorded TV folder ‘\\RECROOM_WMC\Recorded TV’ not accessible. 
Please make sure the Recorded TV folder used by WMC for new recordings is a shared folder. 
Once done, the network path to this folder must be set in ServerWMC (see ‘Folders’ tab in ServerWMC).)

I'm honestly not sure, wasted more time than I should instead of just asking.

Thanks!

Edited by bungee91

bungee91

Trying to help myself here as best as I can (sorry, this setup is new to me).

So I now understand from old posts that I must mount the SMB share to a local folder within Linux, and then point SWMC to that directory... Right?

So I need to take the smb share of //RECROOM_WMC/Recorded Tv and point that to a linux location, then type that into the configuration of the plugin, correct????

The original thread is here, unfortunately no one replied with steps they took to resolve this issue.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10160-live-tv/

I'm running Emby Docker on UnRAID (as many seem to be doing).

I'd be very appreciative if someone could walk me through setting this up, as I'm uncertain the best way to accomplish this.

I'd almost assume I could pass this host path to the Emby Docker (I guess that can be an smb share, only ever passed a local share), and then point that to a path that Emby/SWMC will see.

Right? 

Thanks for any help with this.

Edit: I think I figured it out, and my assumptions were correct (I know to some of you this may be obvious, but I get to be off once in a while!.. =P).

For UnRAID usage, the easiest way is to mount the SMB path, and then pass it to the Emby container.

Information for this use case can be found here https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45596.0

I'll give this a whirl tonight and hopefully reply with my success of getting this fixed.

Edited by bungee91

• Solution
bungee91

Solved!

In case this helps anyone else (in the case of UnRAID)

It is as it sounds, you have to mount the smb path to the container in order to map it to the SWMC plugin.

Easiest way, use UD (unassigned devices) to mount the smb path to a mount point (name it whatever, mine is "/mnt/disks/RecTV" for the host path).

Assign that mount point to the Emby Docker (name it whatever you want, I used "/RecTV" for the container path).

Configure the SWMC plugin to that local mount point (in my case "/RecTV").

Watch Tv!  B)

• Like 2