MB3 consuming 100% CPU

thiagomnk

thiagomnk

Lukas I call Thiago live in Brazil and I'm starting to familiarize myself with the MB3 until now everything was quiet but as I finished setting up everything I threw on my network, if two computers open 2 movies at the same time it goes on my server up to 100% CPU consumption. 
and the videos start to hang. 

My machine has 3 GB RAM, Pentium 4 and 3.2 and only one nucleus. 

Please help me and solve this problem. 

I thank 

Note text translated in google translator so sorry to concordance

I doubt a single-core machine is going to be able to handle two simultaneous transcodes.

What client app are you using?

thiagomnk
processor for the server

01/Processador AM3 FX-6350 3.9Ghz Six-Core 125W FD6350FRHKBOX - AMD

02/Processador AMD FX-4170 Core-Quad 4.2Ghz 8MB AM3+ FD4170FRGUBOX - AMD

03/Processador 4º Geração LGA 1150 Core I3 4130 3.4Ghz BX80646I34130 - Intel

04/Processador 4º Geração LGA 1150 Pentium Dual Core G3430 3.3 Ghz 3MB BX80646G3430 - Intel

what is the ideal

Yeah, if you are using the web client, everything has to be transcoded and that old processor just ins't going to hack it.  I'm not familiar with the AMD processors but at least the i3 I would think.  Get away from the Pentiums.

thiagomnk

ebr

A doubt my provider has about 60 clients and possible MB3 I mount a server to play on my network, it will work

thiagomnk

I have an ISP and want to know if the MB3 to set up a server on my network and play for my clients to use. average of 60 clients

bloodtaker

For the kind of server you are looking for you would have to go with actual server components to get the best streams for all the units connect.

Possibly a server with dual cpus like the xeons from intel.

Mother board

Processors

then of course memory the more clients connect the more memory it wiill consume in transcoding with 60+ users i would go with at least 64gb if not more

thiagomnk
thanks, I'll wait to see the update in the search and this board and processor in Brazil. 

if anyone has more ideas please help me.

well the next server release will add direct streaming capabilities to the web client, which will allow it to play some mp4 and m4v files without transcoding. So if all his media fits within the requirements, it might be ok.

bloodtaker

Keep in mind it doesn't need to be that exact board and cpu.

Just needs to be a pretty stout server pc and not a personal pc.

A personal pc is more for single users or a few users while a server pc is built to handle multiple users at one time with ease.

Think of it like gaming servers. They use high end server cpus with loads of ram so that multiple users can jump on it and still have minimal lag.