ET not working on XB1

HTPC23

So just installed ET on my XB1 but getting the following error when I try to connect...

57ddb3aebd10f_XB1.png

Just plugging in the IP address of the Media Server when it ask but no luck. 

Have it running fine on a Win10 PC - well actually that version is ET for Windows (not the app) as I don't have Win10 Anniversary edition yet.

Any suggestion?  Anything else I need to post to help troubleshoot?

​Thanks

Hi, make sure you have the latest version of the app, and that the server is up to date and running at the time of your connection attempt. If the issue persists, then please try going through the steps in our Connection Troubleshooter. Thanks !

Thought I would post here... The title says it all. When launching ET on Xbox One, it launches to a white screen with a cursor in the middle.

Thought I would post here... The title says it all. When launching ET on Xbox One, it launches to a white screen with a cursor in the middle.

I would try again. It seems to be ok here. I can't reproduce that.

Very strange. Restarted multiple times, same issue. Uninstall/reinstall fixed it.

Question, after an update we're required to sign in again... Why cant the "remember me", if checked previously, log us in?

Very strange. Restarted multiple times, same issue. Uninstall/reinstall fixed it.

Question, after an update we're required to sign in again... Why cant the "remember me", if checked previously, log us in?

Had the same issue and also resolved in the same way.

I've had only a couple of issues with Emby failing on the xb1 (this and one where it kept crashing on launch with no details in log) however have found the easiest fix is normally a quick uninstall/reinstall.

Had the same issue and also resolved in the same way.

I've had only a couple of issues with Emby failing on the xb1 (this and one where it kept crashing on launch with no details in log) however have found the easiest fix is normally a quick uninstall/reinstall.

Yeah I had the same issue and resolved the same way. Also notice that on occasions I log using emby connect details and then my server falls over. Happen twice, if it happens again I'll check the logs and report a possible bug. At work at mo!

@@Luke Just so you know I've seen this as well, where Emby launches then quits immediately, server doesnt log anything as the app never gets that far. Like stated above, uninstalling the app and reinstalling to XB1 seems to fix it. I also noticed the tendency for this to be more frequent is after an update to the app the XB1 says getting your app ready as clear cut sign that the app was updated since last launch or use.

And, do you have to use your password to login again, even though remember me was checked??

Edited by Xzener

And, do you have to use your password to login again, even though remember me was checked??

You uninstalled and reinstalled the app. That's why you had to login again.

PrincessClevage

Just my two cents, I have noticed the "just a moment getting your app ready" on XB1 but I have not had any issues with loading and never had to uninstall reinstall (yet).

mediatalent

Was having the same white screen and cursor in the middle after last update.

From the Store, I cannot see an option to uninstall. Would you mind telling me how you did that please ?

Deathsquirrel

Was having the same white screen and cursor in the middle after last update.

From the Store, I cannot see an option to uninstall. Would you mind telling me how you did that please ?

Likewise and remove/reinstall fixed it.

You can uninstall apps fro the My Apps & Games tool on the xbox.  It's an option in the context menu for any installed app or game.