General functionality issues - Emby Server

acnp77

@ Emby developers... i know it is a long post, but please read through it, there are some weird and unexplained isses readring Emby Server...

First off all I want to thank you for creating Emby- It is a great open source media-solution. But there a a few things about Emby that just are an absolut NOGO (at least till today), and sadly pervent me from using Emby.

I have been using XMBC resp. KODI directy with smb-shares of a fileserver for many years (and still do) because it is simply the best media player out there. Period. They have decades of experiance in media-playback. The format-support and functionality is unmatched and I do not see this chaning.

But becaue I am looking for a centralized library (and the SQL-Library you can setup as a central library in Kodi is not quite the real thing) and also I need some Internet or VPN access to stream when not at home. This can be done very rudimentary with the "chorus-webinterface" in Kodi. But centralized library and internet-access does NOT really work in Kodi so I tried to switch to Emby as a client-server model. I also tried Plex, but their business-model is an absolut NOGO. There is no valid reason (at least for somone who knows what he is doing) to accept the fact of having to create an account with plex and login just to stream my local content. Also at the end it is NOT opensource, because the clients are not opensource.

I love that I can create local user-accounts on Emby-Server and have away-from-home access without having to create an account.

So I hope Emby can replace my local setup and provide me with my 2 new needs which are central library and internet-access / sharing librarys with friends and family.

So Emby should do:

1. My local Network streaming from Emby srv. to my 2 Kodi clients (DLNA)  (I dont want to use the Emby-Kodi plugin- for many reasons, so please do not propose this.)

2. Internet or VPN access and Library-sharing

So in a first step I am trying to get Emby to do the local stuff, so I can add Emby to my existing setup.

BUT I AM HAVING MAJOR ISSUES with the following:

-> Transcoding:

To replace my current local-lan streaming with Emby, Emby wil have to be able to stream locally WITHOUT ANY transcoding. Period. No exceptions. I can not unterstand why you guys would make is soooo difficulft to achieve.

In my local gigabit-LAN I only stream to my Kodi clients (Raspberry Pi and Apple TV4). Kodi on RPi and on ATV4 do NEVER need transcoding. I have not experianced one single file that could not be handeled natively. The network could handle x-times the bitrate, the max. rates server-side have been set to 100mb/s, the clients are more than capable. The DLNA-Profiles were created and matched. But still it transcodes in certain cases. I created a DLNA-Profile on the Server from scratch for Kodi. The Profile is setup to directplay everthing. I chekced the logs and the profile chatches on in all cases (start the stream on webinterface and send to client(s) or add the DLNA-source to Kodi and browse and start it from there. So in all cases the profile matches. But still sometimes thing get transcoded- so I did some testing:

Example 1: 

I browse to a videofile in the webinterface and send it to play on Kodi-client. -> Direct play (Great!)

I add the DLNA-source to the same Kodi-client and start the same file from there -> Transcoding (NOT Great!)

Example 2: 

I browse to a videofile in the webinterface and send it to play on Kodi-client. -> Direct play (Great!)

I add the DLNA-source to my Kodi-client and start the same file from there -> No play. (Srv.-Log says "unplayable item")

I remane the file to different name -> I add the DLNA-source to my Kodi-client and start the same file from there -> Direct play

Just these two small tests show me that there must be something seriously wrong. Can anyone provide me with a solution (clean or dirty) to prevent transcoding in the LAN (like Plex?)

The transcoding is great for internet access with any client and slower connections- but it must be possible to prevent it in your loal setup.

- In-movies navigation

This "olny" concerns transcoded movies. There is no in-movie naviagation other than "pause". I know this has been mentioned by many- but still nothing has changed. How is this even acceptable by users? I just dont get it. This is one of the absolut core-functionalities of a media-center. Are there plans to change that. If yes, I can live with it for some time...

- Emby - "Ads" vs. Opensource

Emby is advertised as open-source. You really have to get rid of the constant nagging reminders to go "premium". This is not compliant with open-source sw and is really not ok.

I know- with more functionality comes more complexity. But why not focus on the core features before adding more and more additional features? (Better do 1 thing wright whan 10 things half-way)

Thanks for any reply and input.

Cheers

Deathsquirrel
- Emby - "Ads" vs. Opensource

Emby is advertised as open-source. You really have to get rid of the constant nagging reminders to go "premium". This is not compliant with open-source sw and is really not ok.

Open source means access to the source code.  It doesn't mean free.

I dont want to use the Emby-Kodi plugin- for many reasons, so please do not propose this.

If you want Emby as a centralised server, with Kodi as your client, then the Emby for Kodi addon gives you the answer.

Care to explain why you don't want to use it?

Perhaps @@Angelblue05 can answer any questions you may have with regards to the addon.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

BUT I AM HAVING MAJOR ISSUES with the following:

-> Transcoding:

To replace my current local-lan streaming with Emby, Emby wil have to be able to stream locally WITHOUT ANY transcoding. Period. No exceptions. I can not unterstand why you guys would make is soooo difficulft to achieve.

In my local gigabit-LAN I only stream to my Kodi clients (Raspberry Pi and Apple TV4). Kodi on RPi and on ATV4 do NEVER need transcoding. I have not experianced one single file that could not be handeled natively. The network could handle x-times the bitrate, the max. rates server-side have been set to 100mb/s, the clients are more than capable. The DLNA-Profiles were created and matched. But still it transcodes in certain cases. I created a DLNA-Profile on the Server from scratch for Kodi. The Profile is setup to directplay everthing. I chekced the logs and the profile chatches on in all cases (start the stream on webinterface and send to client(s) or add the DLNA-source to Kodi and browse and start it from there. So in all cases the profile matches. But still sometimes thing get transcoded- so I did some testing:

Example 1: 

I add the DLNA-source to the same Kodi-client and start the same file from there -> Transcoding (NOT Great!)

Example 2: 

I add the DLNA-source to my Kodi-client and start the same file from there -> No play. (Srv.-Log says "unplayable item")

I remane the file to different name -> I add the DLNA-source to my Kodi-client and start the same file from there -> Direct play

Just these two small tests show me that there must be something seriously wrong. Can anyone provide me with a solution (clean or dirty) to prevent transcoding in the LAN (like Plex?)

The transcoding is great for internet access with any client and slower connections- but it must be possible to prevent it in your loal setup.

First I don't believe the the Apple TV supports native playback of all files. I don't have an Apple TV personally but a quick search sugests that it supports H.264 and MPEG-4 in *.mov, *.m4v, and *.mp4 containers. Are you trying to play *.mkv files? The audio formats are also quite limited so it may be transcoding the audio portion of the video. This is not an Emby issue but an Apple one.

Secondly you really should be using the Kodi plugin for Emby rather than DNLA for watching videos on Kodi. I have never use DNLA on Kodi but I suspect that is your problem. No need to mess around with profiles when using the Kodi addon. I direct play everything on my RPi running Kodi. Head over to the Emby for Kodi section of the forum for install instructions.  

• Like 1

@@acnp77

It sounds alot like ranting.

"Why is what Ive been using for years failing me now??!!!"

Well, you forgot to keep up with the times. It isnt embys fault your system doesnt work. The one piece that may help, you have cruelly disregarded, the emby addon. So really, your post was just to vent? Then you posted some examples, both really hard to understand and both using dlna? So its possible you just need a dlna profile for kodi with all direct play on all media types? Then why dont you just make one?

You cant expect to make a post really big and more people will care. At a certain point it reaches tl;dr proportions. Instead show you are willing to help, by figuring out what is wrong. You cant expect others to, as they will just be guessing. Your post also mentions years of xbmc/kodi, so in all that time did you learn anything?

You cant expect just because the software is open source it is free. There are certain places where you need to "chip-in". One of those is the little reminders you haven't chipped in. You feel cheated, like wtf.. but really, its the other way around. You arent contributing to the software by arguing about "the nags". You are only making it clear why they exist. Because alot of people want everything for free. The one way to help alleviate this is chide users who havent contributed. You get what you give.

With the future, comes change and unpredictability. Software will get new features, software shall evolve, or such software will be left in the digital dust. This is just the nature of the beast. Learn to accept the fact that with more features, means you have moved closer to the future. There is no need to equate features with complexity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Thanks for the feedback!

You are welcome. And just to say- I really appreciate your efforts. My post is meant as constructive critisism and not ranting. if there is anything I can contribute- let me know. I am not a sw developer but I can offer to test if needed. Other user does not seem to understand the examples. If you are having similar issues please let me know, so I can try to explain better.

Happy2Play

All about perception, When I look at this being your first post.  Well that looks like a rant to me since you never came and ask questions or asked for assistant with any issues.  But welcome and continue testing.

Angelblue05

Well I don't understand the resistance to use Emby for Kodi. It should be pretty straight forward to setup and get going. You refuse to say why. That's sorta messed up on your part considering the other things you say. I put all my free time to develop the solution and I'm constantly troubleshooting issues with users and continually bringing improvements to the project.

I'm not here to change your mind, just here to say: "Thanks for the feedback".

• Like 3

If you want Emby as a centralised server, with Kodi as your client, then the Emby for Kodi addon gives you the answer.

Care to explain why you don't want to use it?

Perhaps @@Angelblue05 can answer any questions you may have with regards to the addon.

Sure, I will try to explain:

1. because I want a solid solution that I do not have to change and play around with every other month or so. I have plenty of experience with kodi or formerly xbmc plugins- they never ever work for a long period of time. I am looking for a "standard solution". What if the plugin gets discontinued for ANY reason? It is just not a reliable setup.

2. I dont want to import my library into kodi. I want to use the emby library for consistancy reasons.

3. And also the performance of my client - rpi1 is very limited. I do not intend to change the client. The client should only be there to play content IMHO and the rpi does that very well with very litte power consumption.

4. I want to have the freedom  to a further clients and not be limited to kodi.

cheers

First I don't believe the the Apple TV supports native playback of all files. I don't have an Apple TV personally but a quick search sugests that it supports H.264 and MPEG-4 in *.mov, *.m4v, and *.mp4 containers. Are you trying to play *.mkv files? The audio formats are also quite limited so it may be transcoding the audio portion of the video. This is not an Emby issue but an Apple one.

Secondly you really should be using the Kodi plugin for Emby rather than DNLA for watching videos on Kodi. I have never use DNLA on Kodi but I suspect that is your problem. No need to mess around with profiles when using the Kodi addon. I direct play everything on my RPi running Kodi. Head over to the Emby for Kodi section of the forum for install instructions.  

First - its not the apple tv but the kodi app that plays mkv's and so on... as I wrote in my post ALL the files play on the atv4 kodi app. (directly from sbm share)

Secondly - I hate the idea, but ok, I will try it. Thanks.

Angelblue05

1. Generalization much? I have no intention of dropping support for the add-on anytime soon. If anything, I think I've proven to be dedicated to the project. Plus, I'm not the only developer on the project, there's 5 of us.

2. The add-on imports your Emby library into Kodi as they are on your Emby server, this allows for a consistent library across your devices.

3. You don't have to change client. Just select native playback mode - this will allow direct playing of your content and performs best on rpi. You just have to make sure your paths are formatted correctly prior to syncing your Emby libraries to Kodi. Kodi will playback files, the add-on simply maintains your metadata and emby library. Simple, no fuss.

4. Why would you be limited to using Kodi only?

Seems you don't understand the point of the add-on, you can check a short youtube video here to give you a better idea: https://youtu.be/IaecDPcXI3I?t=119

Post here and we'll be happy to help you out: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

@@acnp77

It sounds alot like ranting.

"Why is what Ive been using for years failing me now??!!!"

Well, you forgot to keep up with the times. It isnt embys fault your system doesnt work. The one piece that may help, you have cruelly disregarded, the emby addon. So really, your post was just to vent? Then you posted some examples, both really hard to understand and both using dlna? So its possible you just need a dlna profile for kodi with all direct play on all media types? Then why dont you just make one?

You cant expect to make a post really big and more people will care. At a certain point it reaches tl;dr proportions. Instead show you are willing to help, by figuring out what is wrong. You cant expect others to, as they will just be guessing. Your post also mentions years of xbmc/kodi, so in all that time did you learn anything?

You cant expect just because the software is open source it is free. There are certain places where you need to "chip-in". One of those is the little reminders you haven't chipped in. You feel cheated, like wtf.. but really, its the other way around. You arent contributing to the software by arguing about "the nags". You are only making it clear why they exist. Because alot of people want everything for free. The one way to help alleviate this is chide users who havent contributed. You get what you give.

With the future, comes change and unpredictability. Software will get new features, software shall evolve, or such software will be left in the digital dust. This is just the nature of the beast. Learn to accept the fact that with more features, means you have moved closer to the future. There is no need to equate features with complexity.

Hi

Well first of all- I was not ranting or venting. Or at least I did not mean to. Emby will become a great thing... I tried to address certain issues with emby that I think others may experiance too. I have spent many, many hours on researching through google, but with very limited success.

If you are haing trouble understanding my examples please let me know so I can try to explain better. In my oppinion they do point out some bugs in the DLNA streaming part and might be of interesst to the dev's. So again, no venting. Just reporting :)

You wrote: "So its possible you just need a dlna profile for kodi with all direct play on all media types? Then why dont you just make one? "

-> In my post I wrote that I had created dlna-profiles for kodi to direct play everything. And that I have matched them to the kodi device. I also wrote that I checked the logs to confirm this.

-> Next time before you write a rude reply- at least READ the post first. ;)

All about perception, When I look at this being your first post.  Well that looks like a rant to me since you never came and ask questions or asked for assistant with any issues.  But welcome and continue testing.

I didnt mean to rant. I have tried to fix these issues for some time now and I wonder how others deal with it. I read many discussions about transcoding and it seems many users are having issues but no proper solution.

Hi

Well first of all- I was not ranting or venting. Or at least I did not mean to. Emby will become a great thing... I tried to address certain issues with emby that I think others may experiance too. I have spent many, many hours on researching through google, but with very limited success.

If you are haing trouble understanding my examples please let me know so I can try to explain better. In my oppinion they do point out some bugs in the DLNA streaming part and might be of interesst to the dev's. So again, no venting. Just reporting :)

You wrote: "So its possible you just need a dlna profile for kodi with all direct play on all media types? Then why dont you just make one? "

-> In my post I wrote that I had created dlna-profiles for kodi to direct play everything. And that I have matched them to the kodi device. I also wrote that I checked the logs to confirm this.

-> Next time before you write a rude reply- at least READ the post first. ;)

tl;dr ;)

Rude reply? Sir, this isnt a novelization or meant to be in book form. This is just a community of users posting text at each other. So to treat your issue as greater than any other you see every day, by "glorifying" it with this huge wall of text is going to lose its effect. Instead you get what you got. I think you understand that. /Me shakes your hand. Nice to meet you.

Edited by speechles

tl;dr ;)

Rude reply? Sir, this isnt a novelization or meant to be in book form. This is just a community of users posting text at each other. So to treat your issue as greater than any other you see every day, by "glorifying" it with this huge wall of text is going to lose its effect. Instead you get what you got. I think you understand that. /Me shakes your hand. Nice to meet you.

Too many words for you? ;)

I wrote down my experiences and issues for the developer of the app. Maybe it can be of help to them. May it can be of help the other user. And yes, I am hoping to get one or two answers from people who actually care to read and unterstand the post and reply to the actual content.

The answer was already given, but you dismissed it. Use the kodi emby addon. You chose not to. Now the conversation has turned to your defending your choice? Just replying to all? Or are you going to listen to @@Angelblue05? Its hard to follow exactly what you still need help with. Do you still need help?

1. Generalization much? I have no intention of dropping support for the add-on anytime soon. If anything, I think I've proven to be dedicated to the project. Plus, I'm not the only developer on the project, there's 5 of us.

2. The add-on imports your Emby library into Kodi as they are on your Emby server, this allows for a consistent library across your devices.

3. You don't have to change client. Just select native playback mode - this will allow direct playing of your content and performs best on rpi. You just have to make sure your paths are formatted correctly prior to syncing your Emby libraries to Kodi. Kodi will playback files, the add-on simply maintains your metadata and emby library. Simple, no fuss.

4. Why would you be limited to using Kodi only?

Seems you don't understand the point of the add-on, you can check a short youtube video here to give you a better idea: https://youtu.be/IaecDPcXI3I?t=119

Post here and we'll be happy to help you out: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Ok, you convinced me to at least give it a try.

But let me respond:

1. Thats great, but I was just speaking from experiance and you must agree on the fact that kodi plugins were never the most reliable thing out there. Especially not over time.

2. Yes, I know. But I will be using library-functions from the local kodi lib. which is not the same as e.g. the library-related functions in the emby-webinterface. But maybe I am overdoing it a litte.. this is no issue.

3. Just trying to strain the pi a little as possible :)

4. If the Emby-Kodi addon should really be the only way to prevent unnessesary transcoding (which I first will have to try) I will be limited to kodi as client.

I thought for the local LAN setup for videostreaming DLNA would be the best way to access emby-serer from kodi or any other client. After all emby is a DLNA-Server (among other things of course). But it creates a lot of problems. Am a missing something here?

The answer was already given, but you dismissed it. Use the kodi emby addon. You chose not to. Now the conversation has turned to your defending your choice? Just replying to all? Or are you going to listen to @@Angelblue05? Its hard to follow exactly what you still need help with. Do you still need help?

Thanks fo reply...

I am goind to try the addon...

I want to use DLNA because it works with almost any client. In the long-term this gives me more flexibility. Also I can share with friends and family who only have DLNA but no Kodi-addon or so.

But the emby-server seems to have issues with DLNA. I am triyng to find out more about them.

When you read e.g. my first example in my first post- don't you find this strange? would you not like to find out what's up?

Cheers

Angelblue05

1. I'm not here to defend the work of other Kodi add-ons. As far as I'm concerned, considering the sheer amount of work that's been put into the project, I think we are on a different level than other Kodi add-ons. There's a reason Plex decided to copy our project.

2. You say you want to use Kodi because it's the best player, so what library function would you be missing compared to the web client? Do you have an example?

3. Yeah, the proposed setup should do it. I've used Kodi by itself for a long time. With the emby add-on, I find the Kodi experience to be more stable because it does not maintain the library. Instead the add-on just syncs what you have on your server. There's no automatic background check, everything is done in real time. So there's minimum strain put on the rpi. The biggest step is getting your Emby library synced which can take some time on low powered device. After that, it should be smooth sailing.

4. There's other Emby apps that will also direct play most of your content. But if you want direct play 100% of the time, then yes the Emby add-on with native playback mode will give you this with minimum impact on your device. With add-on playback, you can also direct play all of your content. However, it's more demanding of low powered devices since the add-on retrieves paths in real time from your server. However with add-on playback, this is the way to allow for remote playback to work in Kodi. For LAN low powered device only, go with native playback mode and you are set.

Can't really comment on that, I've never used the dlna aspect of the server. You speak of sharing and flexibility, but can you even use dlna outside the server's network?...

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

1. I'm not here to defend the work of other Kodi add-ons. As far as I'm concerned, considering the sheer amount of work that's been put into the project, I think we are on a different level than other Kodi add-ons. There's a reason Plex decided to copy our project.

2. You say you want to use Kodi because it's the best player, so what library function would you be missing compared to the web client? Do you have an example?

3. Yeah, the proposed setup should do it. I've used Kodi by itself for a long time. With the emby add-on, I find the Kodi experience to be more stable because it does not maintain the library. Instead the add-on just syncs what you have on your server. There's no automatic background check, everything is done in real time. So there's minimum strain put on the rpi. The biggest step is getting your Emby library synced which can take some time on low powered device. After that, it should be smooth sailing.

4. There's other Emby apps that will also direct play most of your content. But if you want direct play 100% of the time, then yes the Emby add-on with native playback mode will give you this with minimum impact on your device. With add-on playback, you can also direct play all of your content. However, it's more demanding of low powered devices since the add-on retrieves paths in real time from your server. However with add-on playback, this is the way to allow for remote playback to work in Kodi. For LAN low powered device only, go with native playback mode and you are set.

Can't really comment on that, I've never used the dlna aspect of the server. You speak of sharing and flexibility, but can you even use dlna outside the server's network?...

1. I wish you all the best - keep it up :)

2. This was just a theoretical thing... I did not want to get used to any native kodi library functions that I would miss in the Webinterface. But I dont even know what that could be. So not important.

3. Perfect :)

4. Wow... ok, that sounds really great if it does work. I stand by my before mentioned oppinion concerning kodi addons for a stable setup, but what you did is really, really cool and I will be using it. Many thanks! I just saw emby as a DLNA Server but it did not really work perfectly for me. Then I tried the atv4 emby app. Really cool but very limited in playback formats. Why transcode if you dont have to? - no sense there... So if I understood you correctly with the kodi-emby addon I get all the good kodi stuff plus directplay from my emby server? sound really great... I will try tomorrw as it is very late...

cheers

• Like 1

Angelblue05

So if I understood you correctly with the kodi-emby addon I get all the good kodi stuff plus directplay from my emby server?

Yes, that is correct. Native playback mode is more advanced because it requires your paths to be valid off the bat otherwise you'll end up having to go through the initial syncing process more than once to have Kodi to be able to locate your files. That's why I suggest before you start the process with the add-on, go to Kodi settings > addons > install from zip, navigate to your content and make sure the path in the dialogue reflects the exact path in Emby (dashboard > library). If they are not the same, you'll need to apply path substitution to make them the same (dashboard > library > path substitution). Take a look at the path substitution wiki if you are unsure what path substitution is: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Path%20Substitution

If you are unsure about this, let us know if you are going to use smb or nfs to access your content over your network. Provide your emby library paths (dashboard > library) + the Kodi path you see in the dialogue. We'll then be able to tell you the path substitution you require for Kodi to locate your content using Emby paths.

Edit: Make sure to remove any Kodi sources that would reflect the content found on Emby - start fresh. I'm currently reviewing the initial setup process. Let me know if you have any suggestions. We update the add-on regularly, you should check our wiki: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Yes, that is correct. Native playback mode is more advanced because it requires your paths to be valid off the bat otherwise you'll end up having to go through the initial syncing process more than once to have Kodi to be able to locate your files. That's why I suggest before you start the process with the add-on, go to Kodi settings > addons > install from zip, navigate to your content and make sure the path in the dialogue reflects the exact path in Emby (dashboard > library). If they are not the same, you'll need to apply path substitution to make them the same (dashboard > library > path substitution). Take a look at the path substitution wiki if you are unsure what path substitution is: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Path%20Substitution

If you are unsure about this, let us know if you are going to use smb or nfs to access your content over your network. Provide your emby library paths (dashboard > library) + the Kodi path you see in the dialogue. We'll then be able to tell you the path substitution you require for Kodi to locate your content using Emby paths.

Edit: Make sure to remove any Kodi sources that would reflect the content found on Emby - start fresh. I'm currently reviewing the initial setup process. Let me know if you have any suggestions. We update the add-on regularly, you should check our wiki: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby

Thanks!

I installed the kodi-emby-addon...

I am having problems with the path ...

My movies are on smb shares on a linux server, so the name of the share would be: //10.0.0.101/movies

I could not get anything to show up under "network" in the media-library-setup in emby. I would have preferred to just use the share. I think it might have something to do with user rights, my emby server runs on debian 8, but I cant get it figured out. So I mounted the smb share in the os. (mount -t cifs //10.0.0.101/movies /mnt/media/movies )

So the local emby-server-path is:  /mnt/media/movies

The smb share: //10.0.0.101/movies

I tried a path subst. like: /mnt/media/movies -> //10.0.0.101/movies

I also tried a path substitution like: /mnt/media/movies -> //emby-server/mnt/media/movies

But this does not seems to work.

When I try to configure the kodi addon it tells me that it can not find the movie xy when trying to sync the library the first time.

Do I need to make a network share from my emby-server?

Need help...

Strange thing is... I can direct play many items with DLNA... or is this a different subject?

Thanks for any help...

Angelblue05

Your slashes are facing the wrong way. Try using backward slashes instead, it should fix it. Let me know.

To: \\10.0.0.101\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Your slashes are facing the wrong way. Try using backward slashes instead, it should fix it. Let me know.

To: \\10.0.0.101\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

That worked. The library got scanned and when I play a movie it is directplay. Looking good...

One thing I noticed in the setup: If you are presented with a dialog asking if you want to proceed with server xy and you say "yes", then the next dialog ("user") is empty. no input possibility.

(I run rpi1, fresh openelec (kodi) install). Otherwise smooth install. Function to remove local kodi libray (cleanup) is great.

I have a folder with mixed content, that is not named properly yet. In emby-server I have a "media library" called "new", with all of this content. The content that is not recognized is just display with the filename. So no problems there. But in kodi-addon the content get split up in "new movies" and "new tv" and when I try to play an item it tells me that the source is gone and askes to remove the item.

I guess I should remove the unorganized folder. is this normal?

Is it possible that my path issue is still not resolved? - I figured if I can see "directplay" in the emby-server-dashboard it means that the path is ok. agree?

• Like 1