manual login possible bug

KRONZO
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

hey i´m using the latest beta and during a reset i tried to log in manually but was not able to i am on a shield and only have a remote, and the emby connect dialog that allows you to manually log in does nbot respond to remote, but the emby connect login dialog works fine

Angelblue05

Post your Kodi log please. Unless you mean it was just an interface thing? I haven't seen the issue. Do you have any servers being auto-detected in the server selection menu? Or are you talking about the following dialog where it lists users + manual login option? Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

its an interface thing ;) 

its where it list user and manual login option, but you cannot selct anything, but if you go into settings and choose emby connect the new dialog works

hey @@Angelblue05 I dont know if i should make a new topic but the reason i discovered the pro was, all my movies stopped after a minute of playback and froze kodi on my shield, but it worked on my laptop, and on my laptop i was manually logged in.

I have hooked up a mouse to my shield and logged in manually and now all my media plays again :) so has there been an update yesterday to the beta plugin ? 

Angelblue05

No, there hasn't been any update in the last two days. If you see this happen again, can you provide your Kodi log? This way I can have a look at what it happening thanks.

You do have non hidden users in the dialog right? But you were not able to move the cursor using the remote, is that correct?

hi angelblue05, i fixed the playback issue it was non related to emby, but no I have no users vissible, it is on first login, where i would need to put my login information, when you choose manual login, and then the login screen comes forth but I cant enter anything, i will try and reproduce one of these days but i do not have time to do a reset today (no test machine) 

one other thing though i have been wanting to ask, when you do a manual sync,or reset from the addon page in kodi

video/addons/emby/perform manual sync-      if you go away from this page during sync it stops, is it suppose to be this way?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, backspaces (backing out of the menu) exits the process.

I will try to reproduce the bug by hiding all my users. You should not have to pick manual login. If there's no visible users, it should automatically go to the login user/pass dialogue.

• Solution
Angelblue05

What version of the add-on are you running anyway? The fact that you mention having to click on manual login and you have all hidden users makes me think you haven't updated to the latest beta version, because I've already adjusted the dialogue behavior to automatically jump to the login dialogue when there's no visible users.

I've just tested this, and it worked fine here.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it was me that made a mistake by not updating, i will close this topic thanks you very much for your time you do awesome work