Can the Roku / Now TV app wake up the server

Macburp

Macburp

So, side-loaded the Mediabrowser Roku client on my nice new NowTV box. Very impressed with the app and with the Now TV box, initial impressions are this performs very well.

However, I have one problem. The PC running the MB3 server is set to sleep, and I could not see how the Roku client can wake up the server - I ended up using an app on my android phone to wake the pc before reloading the app.

The new box is mainly for my missus, and she can't be expected to run WOL apps on her iphone just to get the TV working. How can the Roku client wake up the server? Or would a software update be required?

I believe the MBC client can do WOL, would it be too tough to introduce WOL as standard on all clients? As a side point I have the same problem with the android app.

thanks in advance

Macburp

At the moment it is a feature that is planned, but not implemented.

Thanks for the update. Any view on when you'll be doing it?

Thanks for the update. Any view on when you'll be doing it?

No, there is no time frame for it. Other features are higher up on the to do list though.

Macburp

I'm not sure if you can add this app on the Now box, but I use a Roku WOL app to wake  my server. 

Look at this discussion on the Plex forums https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/77410-connecting-to-pms-on-roku-while-computer-off/

Thanks, unfortunately I cannot get to that app from the limited app store on a Now TV box. Looks like I'll be waking my server up with my tablet until WOL is included in the Roku client.

DrivenByDemons

I had a script running long ago on my WRT54G router with DD-WRT that would do a WOL when one of my DMA2100 extenders would power up. Do you have a router that could load with DD-WRT or tomato?

Scott has just implemented WOL for our windows phone app. I think he'll be releasing that soon. So while you wait for Roku, if you have windows phone you can do it from there.